Monday, July 16, 2007

The Mad Scientist Laugh

The company I am a partner of and helped found, has taken over a competitors location. We had been waiting for this to happen for a few months and got the call over vacation that we took the keys. Expansion is a wonderful thing, one of my personal motto's is "Ever Forward" a take on George S. Patton's 'Go Forward statement'. (7th quote down).

The really great news about this is that Mistress really pushed to be transfered there and today she officially cut her commute in half. Even better is that in August Mo is transferring to a Montessori that is K-8 and is one mile away. My parents who watch Mo for a few hours each day are two miles away. Jeff, aka my training partner and our chiropractor, is one mile away. All of Mistress and Mo's doctors are within three miles. Now she is ground zero in our sons life which I am sure will make her a much happier person.

The club has a 25 yard pool and Mistress as you know loves to swim, so I am sure she will be picking up some tremendous yardage each week.

The great news for me and the reason for the mad scientist laugh is that once Mo starts up at the new school, I will be able to cycle to work a few days per week for 40 miles per round trip. Not only do I appreciate how this will help improve my cycling, but how I will do my small part to decrease traffic and pollution in the day. And if for some reason I have to bail on my commute home, my office partner only lives a couple minutes away and can take me home or Mistress is only ten miles away.

Good News my friends. In a couple of weeks training gets easier.


3 comments:

Laurie said...

Simplifying your life and commute are such great things. I walk to my office and I love it.

Wendy said...

Sounds absolutely ideal.

Tri-Angle said...

where's the new club?