Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Game On

Alright folks,
On Your Marks!
Get Set!
GO!

Hot damn it feels good to be back in the game. I will admit that my eight week "Off Season" has been a much needed break after 24 months of straight Ironman training. I slept in, I stayed up late. I ate well and often, mostly to my GI's distress. Yesterday I was fat, dumb and happy. Yesterday I was eating bon bons, drinking Schlitz and caressing my remote control.

Today I hunger. Today I crave. Today I yearn. I have a fever in me that burns. It heats my body with an internal flame that can only be doused in sweat and tension and motion. Its good to have it back.

I make no promises. I have no answers. In fact I have more questions now for my forth Ironman training cycle that I had for my first. I have questions about my past successes and my failures and you can be damn sure I will be seeking those answers.

I still have not committed to any more races this year and I am happy with that decision. Now my every thought and action will pull me extricably closer to Ironman Arizona 2008 and God willing a sustainable beyond. However its too early to be thinking about that race. I need to meet a series of short term goals to make the long term goal effortless.

Its begins today with Base Building, a fancy term for the Toughing Stage. 1 mile OW swim and 4 mile desert run.

6 comments:

Phoenix said...

Let the games begin!! Sounds like you're raring to go!

Wooo hooo! Go, Comm, go!

Bigun said...

Lovin it! Be the turtle...

21stCenturyMom said...

Welcome back! Game on - GO!

ps - I think the Schlitz might be the problem - try Corona with a lime next time.

Wendy said...

Game absolutely on!!!

Dances with Corgis said...

Schlitz?!?! SERIOUSLY!???! ::no no no no no:: (shakes head)

:)

Brent Buckner said...

Good times!