Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sights


One of the amazing things about living where I do in the valley is that I am only minutes away from such diverse environments. I have often shown pictures of my runs in slot canyons, swims in Canyon Lake, cycling in the desert, I have not as of yet shown you the farming areas.

We have a great community south of the Valley called Queen Creek. While urban sprawl is encroaching on this tranquil part of town there are still many high quality roads that travel through rural areas.

Todays 2 hour ride took me past a couple hundred acres of new corn crop sprouting for harvest. Camera phones do such a disservice to roadside photos. The stalks are about two feet tall. I am hoping that come October I might be able to clutch a firm tasty ear of corn as some quick energy during the ride.





4 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow. Corn on the cob in October.

Colour me a bit jealous!

Laurie said...

Weird. Corn in Arizona!?? That is a new one to me. But it is originally from Mexico so it makes sense, but still weird.

Cindy Jo said...

I grew up in IL and it was corn central! This time of year the corn is taller than I am.

Now I live in MI and I can ride by the orchards and fill my bike jersey with apples that fall on the side of the road.

Fe-lady said...

I think it's "Cow Corn"- not good eatin', but if the ride is long enough, ANYTHING might taste good...and it's CARBS! :-)