Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Not Downgraded

Well Hurricane (I call them Typhoons) Dean may have been downgraded when it reached an obstacle, roughly named Cancun, but this Typhoon is just getting revved up.

A new training week and another test of my abilities. An Aerobic Threshold test at the track. I wanted to see what my mile pace is while sitting exactly on 148, the ceiling of my Zone 2 training.

Just so you know it is, 9'25", 9'13" and 9'24"per mile. That puts me at 9'20" for the average. I think that is pretty damn good for right now, especially considering my HR stayed so low.

This is of course a test and my base training pace out on the road will not drop to this level for quite some time. But sometime it will and thats the beauty of progress.

4 comments:

CVSURF said...

Just a note to tell you how much I have enjoyed your blog over the last year. Finally decided to sign up so I can leave a comment. Your times are right around mine.

Bill said...

< begin Rain Man voice>

"Typhoons. Yeah, definitely typhoons."

< /end Rain Man voice>

I've been through some hellacious typhoons and am amazed at how the communities bounce back. Call it a hurricane here and it's a major disaster.

Sounds like someone needs to learn how to build.

Anyway, excellent times for your Zone 2.

Tony said...

you must be in a lot better shape then I. My 3 mile MAF test sitting at 148 bpm had much different results. At the same heart rate I lost a minute per mile. My times were 13'14", 14'14", and 15'12".

Keep up the great work Comm.

Brian said...

Hey Comm,
Real nice blog.
I have been running for a few years and this year I took up triathlon. What a blast, I've had more fun this year.
Anyway I've been reading your blog and found lots of good info.
So thanks for the blog, and keep up the fine work.
-Brian
If you want you can check me out at GeorgiaRun.blogspot.com