Thursday, August 30, 2007

Finally free of Florida

It has only taken me nine months but I am finally free of Ironman Florida. By this I don't mean I have paid off my swag bill. I bought a lot of swag (Just ask Bolder). I am a swag whore. But I used my usual checking account for that.

No I am talking about a car accident I was in the day after the race? Oh I never mentioned that. Well lets just say I backed my rental into a sign pole in the middle of a parking lot. Funny in most states the sign poles are along the street, not behind and to the left of parking space next to the front door. All of us were just fine, I backed in at about 3 miles per hour and as the pictures show, I had no problem partying at the pool with the rest of the bloggers a couple hours later.

Well of course I didn't buy the insurance. I mean c'mon. The car was $26 per day and the insurance another $23 a day.

Mistress did all the calling and paperwork and such with our insurance and the rental company before we had even left Florida. But when we're 100 miles away a day later and they tell us they want us to file a police report back in PCB in person, she just laughed.

I think she had a pretty small monthly payment to them so as not to disturb our normal life. Ultimately this was a lesson learned.

6 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Even if you had bought the insurance, perhaps inability to file that police report in person would have hosed you....

I use fancy credit cards and use enough features (including CDW) to justify the additional expenses.

Laurie said...

Oops! Live and learn. It's only money, right?

stronger said...

That kinda sounds like Dec with my $23/day car rental deal and the $386 crossing a double yellow ticket within 5 minutes of leaving the rental place -not such a great deal. Could have taken a taxi for much less.

Bolder said...

hey i was RIGHT THERE BESIDE YOU.

still mad i didn't get the cycling jersey, and that Ironman one-piece, remember the one I had in my hand, and I said the line was too long, and you said 'dude, i'll wait', and i said 'nah'...

i will avenge this injustice for both of us, oh, probably between the 6th through 12th...

you were my Ironman Florida wingman, from arrival to departure, i'll never forget experiencing all of that with you.

21stCenturyMom said...

Please tell me your credit card covered the accident. I never take the insurance because my Visa card insists they will take care of it. Sounds like I need to recheck that.

Bigun said...

why be free of Florida? It's not so bad here.