Friday, August 10, 2007

And all was well

As I survey my week of effort high atop my lofty perch, because I am Master of My Domain, King of the Castle, I realize I have had some great practices. As of Thursday night I had 7 workouts in 3 days.

I know. (Queue Monica Geller)

That sounds absurd but I feel pretty good. Two of those workouts were just unplanned bonuses, team mates that were already doing something and I jumped in with them. Though last night I got home pounded three homemade tacos and past out in bed in less than an hour after I got home. God I love tacos, not as much as PB&J but close. Real close.

Todays Fitness Snack is a ten mile run on the IMAZ course. Keeping my HR in Zone 2 should make this fairly simple though much longer than usual. Got plenty of defensive measure to fight the sun and heat and will just take it easy. My first long run of the base phase and while I want to finish it I will be smart enough to pull the plug if my body is just not up to it.

But lets not think about that too much, shall we. Have fun this weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Flo said...

Hmmmmm.... Master of your Domain eh?? Shades of Seinfeld.....

Brent Buckner said...

10 miles is a nice place from which to be starting!

Phoenix said...

Happy running!

21stCenturyMom said...

um - an easy 10 miles in the heat. Sounds like a blast (ha ha). Have mistress and Mo find you 1/2 way and hand you some ice to put under your hat. That should help!

Nancy Toby said...

I hope Mistress kicked your ass while you were in that ice bath!! I'm just saying....