Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Saving you the drama

I didn't have a very good day yesterday and I wrote a decent post on it for today. But I am not going to post it. You don't deserve to read about bad days from me.

Instead I want to talk about a guy who thought he had it all together a few years ago and came to the epiphany that leaner and faster was better than big and bulky. He lost 40 pounds before becoming a happy triathlete. A guy who wanted three kids and realized his passion and capacity was just raising one really good one. I see a guy every day who loves his wife more than he can communicate and realizes that loving looks and compliments are enough but really not. This same guy can't cook past pasta but loves to show his family he can start a fire in the backyard without matches. A guy with no memory of his youth but enough wisdom to live it through his own wonder every day with the help of his 4 year old son.

Happy Birthday to that guy.

22 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Comm,

You know we're happy to listen to the good, bad and indifferent. Drama or no.

But happy birthday to that guy. Happy, happy birthday. :)

able

Brent Buckner said...

Happy birthday!

And I'd happily read about your bad day if you thought it were worth posting... because your thoughts on things are worth reading.

Wendy said...

What my brother said. In spades!!!

Celebrate well.

21stCenturyMom said...

Happy Birthday to youuu....
Happy Birthday to youuuu...
Happy Birthday Dear Comms
Happy Birthday to youuuu...

I'll bet Mo will have a great time blowing out the candles with you.
We want pics!

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Happy Birthday, Comm!!! I posted your big day on my blog... ;-)
xoxoxo
Jenny

Fumo Santo said...

Modest yet powerful. Make your day a good one!

Bolder said...

Happy B-day Dude!

btw, that guy, is a great guy.

Nancy Toby said...

Happy birthday, Comm! We love ya, good days, bad days, boring days too.

stronger said...

Happy Birthdy to that wonderful guy!

Cliff said...

Dude,

u gotta show me how to start a fire with no matches.

Happy b-day dude.. :D

momo said...

comm, we like the "up" you and the "down" you and all of you in between - never feel you can't share how you're feeling with us.

happy, happy birthday! and MANY more!

Flo said...

Comm, as everyone said, we will listen to you anytime, up or down. But it's your birthday so do what you want. Happy Birthday!!!!

P.S. I knew I liked you. Today is my hubbys birthday too :)

Phoenix said...

Happy Birthday to That Guy! What lucky people he has for a son and a wife - and for readers of his blog. Hope its a good one - better than yesterday.

Bigun said...

Happy birthday Mo's Dad...

Bullet said...

Yep, Happy Bday!

Glen said...

That guy is a person I like to have around me, that guy is a amazing training partner, that guy is a close friend, Happy birthday to that guy, see you thursday.

Laurie said...

Happy birthday Commodore! I hope you are enjoying your day with your loved ones.

You really are a great guy. Have a great one.

Dances with Corgis said...

Happy happy to ewe!

Nytro said...

DUUUUDEEEE!!!!

Happy Birthday to YOU!! What are you? Like 80 now? Have they taken away your drivers license yet?

Di said...

LOL! Nytro cracks me up!! Happy Birthday Comm!!! I hope you had a wonderful day!! So - that post about your bad day. Delete it. Forget about. You got way better things to worry about over a bad day. ;)

Clyde S. Dale said...

And what a great man, Happy Birthday to that man!!

Spokane Al said...

And when you come across that guy please give him my best wishes as well on his birthday.

And I hope he has many, many more that are just as satifying and happy.