Saturday, March 17, 2007

Uh. Uh. Glee. Ugly

I worked out today. It was supposed to be 112 mile ride and I did half that. All the cold med's and recovery and sinus issues and heat played out on my the last 12 miles of the ride. I started puking my guts up about every five minutes. It started as innocent dry heaves over the handlebars but as we got to each red light I just had this uncontrollable urge to purge in front of blonds talking on cell phones.

I thought I could get in at least enough distance at this point to close the loop I was on but at another red light, I leaned over and did my best amateur St. Patty's day rally hurl and completely emptied my stomach of at least a liter of fluid. At that point Glen, my wingman for the day, questioned my judgment with just enough conviction to get me to bail and turn around. God Bless a rational Kiwi (New Zealander).

I cooled myself off sticking ice under my shorts on my thighs and under my jersey on my chest. By sitting down and doing that I was able to get in some fluids. I drank a coke and interestingly enough I was able to belch and dry heave at the same time. Kewl and new one for me. Kind of like the first time you blow your nose and fart simultaneously.

Glen was nice enough to mention that Sonic has a Powerade Slushie that you can get in a 44 oz. cup so I got one of those and while Mistress and Mo are at the zoo I can sit still and read Into Thin Air for the upteenth time.

Looks like I am still under the weather. And six pounds lighter than when I got up this morning.

4 comments:

tri-mama said...

uggg, I hate the flu. Hope you feel better soon.

Bolder said...

what flavors?

this is important information.

Brent Buckner said...

Good you had a wingman - best wishes for getting sorted.

St. Patrick's Day hurling - probably a true sporting tradition. ;-)

Wendy said...

Yay for Glen!! (And thank goodness there was no green beer in the mix ...)

Rest & recover.