Monday, March 12, 2007

A renaissance man

Had a great weekend of training, the hill intervals and open water swim on Saturday and 14 ile run on Sunday, though now I am feeling like crap again in my lungs and sinuses. I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday so I guess I will go and see what's up.

I wasn't happy with the photo I put up for canyon lake so here are two pictures I took last year on the bridge that we swim under. The two buoys are towards the lake and we swim out to them and around them. Then we come back under the bridge and into the canyon to a buoy in the very back. Each loop starting and ending at the bridge is 1,000 yards. The course really works for navigation practice since you have such an obvious target to search for.


Mistress, Mighty Mo and I went to a massive Renaissance Fair on Sunday. Mo was very taken by the jousting and sword fighting. He got to look at hundreds of people in medieval clothing and I got to look at lots of maidens in tight bodices and wispy skirts. While I am not a fan of umbrellas as a sunshade they were worth their weight in gold as the temperature was close to or at 90 degrees and the village is in the middle of the desert. The sun was beating down the whole time. The entire village, complete to the tiniest detail, must be a dozen acres and still after three hours of watching shows, looking through shops and standing in line for diet sodas, felt like I did not see the whole place.

I got several pictures from the afternoon including me eating a huge turkey leg medieval style, Mistress and Mo posing with Mother Goose and her geese but this is my favorite photo which was taken at the Tournament of Champions joust and sword fight. I love those things.


No comments: