Thursday, March 29, 2007

Not Satisfied

(Deep Breath) Okay.
(Pause)

Not impressed with myself on the quasi-book report I wrote to prove I read or did something before Oprah did. It stems back to when she ran her first marathon which was after I had done three already. After that every time I mentioned 'marathon', I got the "Oh, didn't Oprah did that?" As if it was no longer unique or special. The media portrayed her as the second coming of the running boom.....

...just took an employee to the ER for a nasty cut on his finger. Luckily it was middle of the day and he was in and out in an hour with a half dozen stitches. I 'wrote him a script' for a bottle of Crown Royal, a six pack of Coca Cola and to take the rest of the day off.

I had to call Mistress and tell her I was at Scottsdale Osborn's ER and I wasn't there for an injury to myself. She asked if it looked the same as before and I could only comment, "How the hell do I know. I have always been wheeled in on a stretcher. Ceiling tiles look the same though."

Open water swim tonight.



1 comment:

Bigun said...

you spend way too much time around people - I try to avoid them at all costs (not good for an RV salesman...) - especially anyone who would mention OPRAH in complemantary ways - so I pretty much keep to myself, and that's going ok...