Saturday, March 3, 2007

A sensitive story, put the coffee down first


Today on the IM Arizona course there was many many cyclists practicing their hill repeats up the B-line. AZTRICLUB always being different decided to ride off course and go through Fountain Hills and into McDowell Mtn. Park for some more rollers and hills. FH is so named for the massive fountain in a lake that every hour shoots a 562 foot wall of water for 15 minutes. Its quite impressive.

We missed the fountain today but thats alright. I have pictures from McDowell Mtn. Park I will put up during the week so you can see just how desolate riding in the desert can be.

I was a bit behind the group since I was taking pictures and phone calls during the ride. Mo meds are a bit off so I answer all Mistress' calls in case one is an emergency. The reason I mention that is that I was having a bit of a chaffing problem myself on lets just say the MOST sensitive place on a male. And at 85 rpm I was getting a noticeable reminder every .45 seconds for an hour. A couple of guys did a turnaround at the bottom of the B-line for one more loop I stopped to get some Vaseline for a protective barrier and do one more myself. Thats when I realized my chaff was actually a bleeder. Not exactly what you want to see when you tug open your tri shorts.

I still attempted a run back up the hill but alas the coating did not last and instead I turned around and rode back to the car. Still 6 miles or 20 minutes away and at 85 rpm you can do the math at how many times I said the F word. Needless to say the Intrepid Age Grouper is now wearing boxers and a heavy coating of Bag Balm and also a smirk at just how wrong that vision is in my head. You just have to laugh.

14 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Sorry. I laughed.

Hmm, ever tried baby oil GEL? I love it, works wonders.

Duane said...

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Bill said...

That's why I love Bag Balm, before, during and after a ride. Much cheaper than Chamois Butt'r or any of the others and works just as well.

I cringed reading this, only because I know that pain all too well. And I said the F word at least twice while reading in, mainly in response to the imagined pain.

Enjoy the boxers and let the boys breathe for a few days.

William Lobdell said...

pics, please.bo

Cliff said...

I didn't laugh..too painful :(

Bigun said...

no, please, no pics, thank you very much - c'mon Kahuna, you don't a grunt any ideas like that....

Fe-lady said...

bag balm will make your skin really soft and maybe even more prone to sores. Try A&D lotion. We can't live without it!
Heals things quickly! good luck!
love that fountain...finish of my first tri in 1982!

Bolder said...

i understand.

it's a size matters issue.

Andra Sue said...

Oh. My.

Tri-Angle said...

Bleeders suck buddy. Hope Mo is doing better

Winz Photo said...

We have a bleeder!!! Sorry for the Something About mary reference, 1st thing that popped into my head. Crotch rot sucks. Hope it heals. I use Gold Bond medicated talc when I ride.

Now how come there's 500 commericals for women problems, but not one crotch rot or jock itch commercial for us?

Ultra Crackhead said...

One word: SHAVING. No hair, less friction.

I refuse to wax, but I'm sure that does the trick, too.

Nytro said...

perhaps the only thing worse than a yeast infection. welcome to the TMI Bloggers Club.

Bigun said...

don't you love it when a comment says, "sheila" followed by, "shaving - no hair, less friction" - now, I'm a pig, admitidly so, but that's just too good to pass up..