Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Managing the time

After a few days of being sick, feeling much better now thank you, I have to climb out of the muck at work that got put to the side the last couple of days. I tried to go for a swim and realized yet again that did not bring any goggles with me. I saw my swim trunks in the car, saw my towel, figured my swim bag was in there too. Nope. I think I can run though. Have to see what's in the magic trunk.

My time issues also include the family. Mistress is still struggling with her cold and Mo...well Mo is Mo. You would never guess this kid is sick. However, at his check up Tuesday he still has a sinus infection and low grade fever. He has had this since the week before Halloween and been on antibiotics since the day before flying to Florida for my Ironman. Since then he has had other ear and lung infections but the sinus thing just hasn't gone away.

Now the doctors are saying things like "Testing" and "Admitting". They gave him one more run on antibiotics while they do some of this testing which will include MRI, cat scans, more blood draws and more appointments. Then if it's still there, it a couple days at the hospital getting intravenous IV's and such.

Mistress takes the brunt of this as Mo is a 'Mommy-Do' kind of boy right now. I am going to attempt to make dinner tonight to relieve some pressure on her. GASP.

I promise low heat, no ovens and a box of baking soda nearby for heat incidents. From experience fire extinguishers are too much effort to clean up and I like to use the whole can regardless of size of fire.

7 comments:

bunnygirl said...

Why don't you just order Chinese takeout?

Sorry to hear about the lingering illnesses. I work with a bunch of sickly people, but at least I don't love them and live with them. That must be hard.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Geez, tell Mo to go ahead and get better now....

Bigun said...

wierd, I forgot my trunks yesterday, had to bail on a lunch swim. Had to do it after work, which made for a long swim and run evening....

Mallie said...

Glad you're feeling better. This illness is hitting folks all over the map.

Wendy said...

Here's hoping Mistress and Mo are able to follow your lead and start feeling better too!

Winz Photo said...

Yikes the whole family in ill. Hooe you all bounce back.

Food: meet your friend carry out and hide the containers.

Iron Pol said...

My wife heard something about some of the bugs floating around being "persistent." Mo's bugs are taking that to extremes. From experience, I can tell you that it takes a real ear or sinus infection to take a young one down. Even so, Mo is tough for dealing with all this. B-Boy and I will add him to our evening prayers. Tic Toc will cover DanBear.

And "Mommy-Do." Did I coin a phrase? I like it. And I particularly wish MY kids would learn it. Good luck with the dinner. It's the right thing to do, so long as you minimize the risk of collateral damage.