Sunday, December 11, 2005

VINDICATION

I am going to toot my own horn here.

Way back when I was just a wee blogger with big dreams and high hopes, I wrote a commentary, Red is for Elites, on how runners unknowingly or knowingly arrange themselves based on their running ability by the colors they wear. There is also some great commentary, if I do say so myself, on how cyclists dress.

Well vindication, my much bigger blogging audience, has come my way. While reading the January 2006 issue of Runner's World, on page 44 a statement reads;
Race in Red: Two British anthropologists claim that athletes dressed in red are more likely to win events than athletes wearing other colors.
A small blurb follows fleshing out their small study.

I will be humble enough to admit that when you read the old blog post the only two comments represent 2/3 of my reading audience at the time, Rett aka White Salamander and ta-da Iron Wil when she was still running a black background, low key website before she became the Blogging Diva she is today with book deals, clothing merchandise, 1/2 ironmaiden finishing medals and her official real triathlon bike. The only other reader I had was Kahuna (did I really need to link that?) who seldom leaves comments, as is his Kahuna privillage.

I am glad that things have exploded like they have because when I toot my own horn, more people can hear it.

9 comments:

Keryn said...

Very cool, man, very cool.

Cliff said...

The Law of Redness.

The redder your gears are, the faster you will go.

This explain my slowness....Blue (opposite of Red) is my primary color....

Oldman said...

kewl...but remember "he who toots his own horn runs his batteries down."

Kona Shelley said...

LOVE YOUR NEW SITE...oopss sorry, don't mean to yell, but I LOVE YOUR NEW SITE..tee hee!!

Bolder said...

remember that post of the RED sexy bike...

p.s. you are a nasty word verifier... because of you, i will be running really bad Mariah Carey videos non-stop...

Fe-lady said...

Ok then...I will "See Red" this next season! Thanks! (I saw the articla also...but would rather hear it on a blog!) :-0

And I'm with bolder...get rid of the word verification thing. If I figured it out, you with the fancy personalized backgrounds can! :-)

William said...

Yeah, I heard about that study in May from our national science show Quirks & Quarks.
The Power of Red.

mipper said...

hmmmm.... red. red. must wear red. this would explain why i fell in love with that red road bike. yeah... i see.

and please... stop the verifier, at least for now... Bolder is killing us. :)

mipper said...

hmmmm.... red. red. must wear red. this would explain why i fell in love with that red road bike. yeah... i see.

and please... stop the verifier, at least for now... Bolder is killing us. :)