Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Final Push

Next week I plan on taking my first Christmas vacation in eight years. A whole week off of work. I just need to get through tonight.

On Wednesday I put in a 15 hour day of non-stop advising, auditing and motivating.

Thursday the official monthly closeout day for the company and we had a huge party at every club in celebration of our members and the fact that eight clubs combined to generate over 206,000 non-pershiable food items for the needy in 45 days. It was a fast and furious day, but I got to spend the evening at one of the partys with Mistress and Mighty Mo. We thanked members and helped give away $10,000 in gifts to our members who attended the party.

Friday another flurry of work and then a dinner for the executives at my partners McMansion in trendy north Scottsdale (Beverly Hills of Arizona- I lived there for 5 years, I ain't impressed, north Scottsdale not BH). Was a good evening that thankfully was brief on speeches.

This morning is a swim team workout at my club pool since we have officially posted a "Closed" sign over Canyon Lake until February. Then an employee party tonight that I have had a big hand in preparing at the Scottsdale Gun Club. Nothing says "Thanks to all you employees like free handgun rentals and 1/2 off machine gun usage. " I probably won't get to shoot much if at all, unless its to win a case of beer, since I need to make sure things run smoothly. By brining Mighty Mo and Mistress I might be able to skate early.

Sunday is a group 45 mile multi loop ride in the hidden hills of south Phoenix, an old Peco's road route I have described in the past.

2 comments:

Keryn said...

Sounds like you've got a full, but fun weekend planned! :)

Bolder said...

206,000: that's incredible, well done Comm!

oh man, now that's what i call a Christmas party!... nothin' says holidays like automatic weaponry... although, i'm partial to a single shot Anschutz with open iron sights.

all i got was stupid meatballs on a stick and bad red wine.