Friday, December 30, 2005

Good News

Results are back and life is good.

Mistress just has fibriods, not needing any type of procedure coupled with something they hope antibotics will clear up.

I feel like I have done all I can to fight the cold/flu in my body and think I can at least stay out of the doctors office. I should be ready to go on Monday. I mentally am ready to go today but physically all I see is the end of the tunnel, not daylight.

Today is our tenth anniversary. It was to be an exspensive dinner but I wouldn't enjoy it so we are postponing it to have a movie night with Mo and maybe some take out Chinese, though this is Phoenix, not highly recognized for Asian cusine.

A question to be answered: I am looking to pick up a PDA for business, mostly running excel, word and wifi for emails. Do any of you use a Palm or Pocket PC and if so what model and how satisfied are you? My choices are narrowed to a Ipaq 1950 or 2495 and a Dell Axim v51, though the Dell is much more exspensive. I am not opposed to Palm but concerned about using the excel programs between the PDA and my desktop PC.

7 comments:

Flatman said...

Is it time for a new song yet?

Flatman said...

I have heard great things about the Axims, but alas, I do not have one yet...

Hmmm...I think I need one now.

I used to have a plam back in the day, but I think things have kind of passed the palm OS and left it by the roadside. I would stick to something running the Windows platform, especially for excel apps. Just my 2 cents.

Cliff said...

Glad Mistress is ok.

Hmm...as far as I know from Palm OS, there is a third party program call Documents to Go. With it you can read/edit word and spreadsheet. I use this back 2/3 years ago when I am in school. Never try viewing spreadsheet though.

IMmike said...

Great to hear about the news!

I had a dell axim for a while...It doesnt really fit into my lifestyle though (i.e. grad students don't need pda's) so I stopped using it. It was very neat and seemed more flexible than the Palm based PDAs.

Keryn said...

Glad to hear she's ok and that you're on the mend. :)

Papa Tweet said...

Glad to hear the news about mistress. I'll have to leave the palm questions to the techy bloggers, ie Cliff and Flatman. I'm sure Bold will have some insight when he gets back from holiday vacation.
Benny

Nytro said...

THAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT MISTRESS!! We were worried about her!

Strangely, where we live in Utah you can't throw a rock without hitting a Chinese joint. I know you're thinking: Utah?, but it's true.

And it is some pretty good Chinese!