Thursday, December 1, 2005

A Look Back And A Look Ahead...

Here is the breakdown of last month, which went by way to fast.

Swim: 13,487 meters, goal was 14,082. 96% of goal.
Bike: 177 miles, goal was 207. 85% of goal.
Run: 60 miles, goal was 58. 103% of goal.

I saw two blogger, IronBenny again and his wife Nytro for the first time. Good luck with the ankle surgery Nytro.

I completed one sprint tri with better than expected results.

I lost 10 pounds of body weight (5% change) and dropped 3 percentage points of body fat (15% change).

I had some unexpected stuff come up like a trip to LA, a sprint tri that I hadn't expected, a dodgy ankle to end the month along with the usual excuse of sacrificing training till tomorrow to finish something important today and not getting it back on track. All things considered, I think overall I am happy with my progess which has my distances up in all catagory's from the previous month.

In December I will change my training up a bit. I have my final build to the Rock n Roll marathon, which will include alternating weekly long runs of 15-20-15-20-taper out (which doesn't include the mid week run or filler runs, and it looks like it may be 'Pool Closed' on the lake if the temps get lower than the 56 degrees right now. So its back to regular pool sets. I would like to get another one on one with my old swim coach. I would like to work on more drills which will drop my distance for the month since all I really have been doing is freestyle. I need to figure how to solve my lack of saddle time which I think I have accomplished and will report on that project this weekend.

I also worked on two or three big triathlon related projects this month, each nearing completion. I hope to be able to comment on each of them very soon.

14 comments:

Bolder said...

dude, that was an awesome training month... nothin' to not be proud of there!

Nancy Toby said...

Way to go both on the training and the body composition change! Well done!!!

Flatman said...

Great totals...you are doing awesome!

Bolder is right; be proud of yourself!

Papa Tweet said...

Wow Com, 10 pounds, that is incredible. That was a great month of trianing. Way to go. I'm looking forward to hearing about your triathlon related projects. Also, keep us informed on your foot. Take care bro

Brett said...

Can't wait to hear about the tri projects. Congrats on a good month!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Awesome results for the month. I guess that's the benefit of aiming high. Keep it up!

Cliff said...

Take care of that ankle....

You did some good milage last month.

tri-mama said...

All I can say is somebody better turn the heater on in that lake.....

so you're telling me leave the wetsuit at home?

Very nice month of training-looking forward to Chang's

Phil said...

....very interesting... The Commodore's secret tri-projects...

IMmike said...

Com,

Looks like you've got a great month ahead of you.

Kona Shelley said...

Great job on everything!! I hope the new year is just a wonderful year for you!!

ZAG said...

Hey, just a question

where do you get your body fat tested. the doc said he "couldnt" do it?

Nytro said...

thanks for the kind words, commodore.

you lost 10 pounds in a month? what's your secret?

can you bottle it up and send it to me? (you're secret, not your pounds. i do well enough with my own pounds, thank you very much!)

Mica said...

Oooo, secret tri projects? Sounds mysterious and exciting!

You kicked butt living up to your goals AND losing weight. Way to go!