Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It came, It went

Sitting at the desk today thinking more about running than catching up on work. It, vacation, was a necessary break and it was a good as a could have hoped for except for the training. I totally made up for missed time with my son but I think next spring or early summer I am going to go up to Flagstaff for three or four days by myself to get in a vacation boot camp of straight training.

Today I finish up my 2005 recap and 2006 vision statement. Depending on how this turns out I may post it as a pdf file. Its a non-conformist piece, unlike any 'book report on my vision" you will see. I do not recommend it for a personal vision statement but I have done these for years and wanted to stretch myself a bit. Maybe it will be seen as a goof off but I hope not.

If any of you would like to create a vision statement of your own for personal, professional or performance life of 2006 let me know and I will help you out.

5 comments:

jp said...

I'm looking forward to reading your piece. This is something I also do on a yearly basis and am curious about how you approach it.

E-Dub said...

I'd be interested in seeing your vision statement. I've created one (on my "Owning my Journey" blog) for a personal cause, but could use some guidence with a training/performance one.

~ef

Cliff said...

Sounds good. A lot of times I found myself doing things without a proper planning. That's like driving without knowing where my destination is.

The Big Cheese said...

I am down with that. Every year I set goals and make a plan of action but by January 2 I am so tired of the grind...I give up.

I have a feeling that I am going to be your new worst friend. The guy that when you see the name on the caller ID you debate whether or not to ignore the call or throw the phone off a bridge. Right buddy? Right? Right? Right?

Nancy Toby said...

Looking forward to reading your vision, but hopefully you'll get better fast so you're not doing it through a fog! :-)