Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Blessings

Today feels like an extra day from God. You know those weekends that go by way to fast and you just wish you could have one more day. Walking up this morning thats how I felt.

On Christmas Eve, Mistress and I eschew the traditional holiday dinner fare and have a luau. You may recall I am half Hawaiian. We have Kailua pig, which is wrapped in bananna leaves and cooked with 'traditional' Hawaiian seasonings, Lomi Salmon, coconut shrimp, coconut pudding, a tropical salad, pot stickers, rice and then some potato dishes. We add or subtract depending on the mood, some years we have lettuce wraps, others Humbows, Lumpia, whatever we feel like. Its a nice diversion from the proto-typical turkey and ham stuff.

A family tradition for 50 years is on Christmas morning a breakfast of Orange Julius drinks then cheese sauce over poached eggs over rice or toast for breakfast and then bacon or ham on the side.

This year Might Mo got it and had a great time with gifts. He helped open all of ours which just made it seem like he got that many more.

What did I get? Oh thanks for asking. To begin with I have the gift of being able to figure out what I am getting I open the box. So this year people got creative. Mistress put gifts in large bags, then only gave me the reciepts for the gifts so it weighed nothing- that was tricky on her part, but brilliant. Mom puts boxes in boxes and adds things that roll like marbles or a ball or something to throw me off.

This year I called two gifts outright, one even guessing the pattern on one and four or five that I gave, "It's this or this" and getting it right, (i.e. its a flashlight or a pen).

Mo got all kinds of educational toys, dinosaur toys and a 2 hp quad runner. I got him a cool Radio Flyer wagon. All parents should own one for their child. Mighty Mo got a bike helmet for his quad and when he put it on he said, "Bike." After riding the quad around the family room he jumped off and ran around the house with the helmet on. Asked why he was running he, pointed at me and said, "Daddy run". I think Flatman and TriDaddy are right, I got tri kid on my hands.

Today is some post Christmas shopping and relaxing and tomorrow starts the big base building again and definitely more consistancy.

Cheers all.

8 comments:

Keryn said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day! :)

Wil said...

Oh how cool is that!? I didn't know you were half hawaiian! See, Kona is in the stars for you.

Coach Tammy said...

Remind me to come to your house for Christmas dinner next year! Yum!!!

Merry Christmas! :)

bunnygirl said...

Tri-kid is awesome, but you need to teach him to take the helmet off before the run, silly!

Merry Christmas! Glad you had a good one!

Ellie Hamilton said...

Very neat Christmas celebration!

Our daughter-in-law's family has a very similar Christmas breakfast... cheese sauce over toast, but they don't have the eggs. They call it "Cheese Toast" and have it only on Christmas morning.

Like you, I'm on to more consistency... in training and everything else...

Flatman said...

Glad you had a great day!

Nytro said...

glad you had a merry christmas and that mighty mo is on his way to becoming an ironman.

but... if i were mistress and you guessed what you got every year, my head would explode. ben does that too... and it pisses me off to no end!

Chris said...

Late as usual, but sounds like you had a great Christmas!