Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Damaged Goods

The Valley of The Sun has been struck by three seperate strains of respiratory infections at once; a nasty cold, Influenza A and Laryngitis. ER's have had 4-10 hour wait periods 24 hours a day for the last two weeks. I think I am coming down with one of them. At least I think so, I am starting to get symptoms.

So its no training for the next few days, maybe until late this weekend or Monday unless somehow this thing is gone sooner. Between feeling run down and tired, plus still suffering from insomnia, (up until 0300 this morning, then awake at 0545) I am going to need all the rest I can manage to nip this thing.

For all you Mother Hen's here is the plan:
Cold-Eeze Lozenges
Orange Juice already taken daily in 8 0z serving, twice daily.
Additional Vitamin C tablets- (FYI- Vit. C is not like Advil or sudafed that works for 6-12 hours after ingestion. It takes 10-15 days for Vit. C intake to reach a level of saturation in the body that will ward off illness. So start taking it every day through OJ or pills.)
DayQuil
NyQuil
Rock n' Rye Boston Whiskey, honey & Lemon juice mixed to a gel consistancy- for sore throats taken by spoonful. Old family recipe.
Chicken Soup- scientifically proven to boost the immune system.
Going to switch from coffee to Tea for a few days.

Right now I feel okay, though a bit tired. Throat is dry and itchy, dry eyes, nasal passages are clear and breathing normally. Hoping this is just a passing thing.

In our other big health update, Mistress has informed me that the radiologists have misplaced her mammogram, it never made it to the doctor and she never got a consult letter from the office. She may need to do it all over again this week if they are truly lost.

Damn Murphy.
Whats a good Law for this foul up...
"Just when you see the light at the end of the tunnel, the roof caves in."
"The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body you are required to place on it."

11 comments:

The Big Cheese said...

Things could be worse. You could be wearing a size 42 like your pal TBC.

Papa Tweet said...

That sucks about Mistresses films. Freakin' Murphy. Dude, Utah is in the middle of the worst Flu outbreak in the nation. Arizona is not far behind. I've been lucky so far. Thanks for the tip about Vit C. I'd better get going on it. Take care
Benny

Ellie Hamilton said...

Uh-oh. Haven't been following local news (we have satellite, news comes out of LA.) Thanks for the heads-up and please, please stay above this thing! Drink a lot of water along with everything else you're doing.

Bummer about the mammogram. To have to do a retake... aw, geez.

Cliff said...

Commodore,

The mishap with the radiologist happen to my Pastor as well. He has a colon biopsy and the lab lost it. It has taken them a month to figure that out. Fortunately, after some complaining, it turned out that the lab is still studying the sample.

That is very irresponsible for the radiologist to have lost it. Lives is at stake.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Commodore, you are forgetting the two most important things! (1) Prayer, and (2) A flu shot.

So far from personal experience, (1) seems to work betta than (2). ;)

Keryn said...

Rest may also help...even if it means taking drugs to help you sleep. Both the men in my family require one simple technique - sleeping for days - to get well.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Mistress.

Coach Tammy said...

I've been coughing for two days... and my knee hurts. Must be pre-RNR Phx jitters! At least I still have two weeks to get over it all! LOL

Heal quickly... whiskey?? Blek!!

bunnygirl said...

Be sure to put some fresh garlic in that chicken soup and stay well!

Bummer about the mammograms. I didn't find the process painful, but they really contort you into a bizarre position for those pics. I took ballet lessons for seven years and found it hard! Here's hoping they turn up and she doesn't have to re-do!

bunnygirl said...

Be sure to put some fresh garlic in that chicken soup and stay well!

Bummer about the mammograms. I didn't find the process painful, but they really contort you into a bizarre position for those pics. I took ballet lessons for seven years and found it hard! Here's hoping they turn up and she doesn't have to re-do!

Nytro said...

i would recommend carrying around a small bottle of that antibacterial soap that doesn't need water. it is nice to be able to have that to wash my hands off... seems to help me from getting sick during those times of the year when i practically live on a plane and have to breathe recycled air.

hope you feel better!

Chris said...

"Rock n' Rye Boston Whiskey, honey & Lemon juice". Hmmmm... I'm going to have to try that one next time!

That NyQuil stuff seriously messes with my brain. I get sooooo loopy when I have that stuff. :/