Monday, December 5, 2005

Oh where to begin...

Not the best weekend for the Intrepid Age-Grouper, which is me, sort of like O'Reilly reading Talking Points, he wrote them, he reads them, but credits Talking Points not himself for the news point.

Mighty Mo has the Flu. Influenza A or B, it doesn't matter. It was a long weekend of holding a sick kid, vomiting when awake and blowing out diapers when asleep, sleep patterns messed up. All parents have been here before so its just what we get to go through. As per the Training Contract, Mighty Mo's health issues takes precedent over any and all training so after the bad ankle incident at the beginning of the week and Moat the end, I haven't seen a training split in way to long.

When I wasn't dealing with him, I was dealing our 7 month old Fox Red Labador who decided that it was okay to start chewing up anything in the backyard that is buried and black. So much for the mainline to the sprinkler system and all the outdoor lighting I had around the pool. The water line is not such a big deal, $20-$30 for the yard guy to fix, but its going to cost me a Benny, (thats $100 not IronBenny) to replace the plastic low voltage system with a metal solar powered system.

It was supposed to be a good time to put all the Christmas stuff up and I still stick by that. I got the tree up but the lighting is all blown out. Its a fake tree (Mistress and Mo can't handle the scent from a real tree because of allergys and asthma) and the lights are pre-set. So it was a half hour here or and there going bulb to bulb to test if they worked. I went from 30% to 80% lit but now the damn thing blinks. I personally can't stand blinking Christmas lights. Plus I ran out of replacement bulbs so its a stop at Lowes on the way home. Home Depot is closer but they don't use Christmas in there advertising and Lowes does, its not a boycott its a shopping decision. Nothing done outside but now I may do nothing. I was good last year but my only neighbor went ga-ga and added about 3,000 more lights. If I go with the same set up as last year, it would look pretty pathetic in comparison, but I don't think I have the ladder, cash or energy to "Keep Up With The Joneses".

Mistress was very happy to have me home the whole weekend and used it to her advantage. She took off for about 4-5 hours each day to be on her own, shop and bum out.

Thanks for putting up with my non-training post today. Its a personal look into my weekend and hope I didn't lose any of you in its boringness.

12 comments:

Cliff said...

I hope u can get some sleep with 3,000 xmas lights shining across the street. I will pray for Mighty Mo to get better.

psbowe said...

On a different subject, just want to say that I am looking forward to Jan for the rnraz(half marathong though). When I came across your blog, it got me more excited!

Mica said...

Bummer about your dog chewing stuff up!!

My husband's dog never chewed anything until we started dating. He was very jealous of me and took it out on my husband in some very "interesting" ways, although none as costly as yours!

Keryn said...

I sympathize with the kid thing. Mine hasn't been that bad in a while, but I remember those weekends. I'll keep all three of you in my thoughts!

Nytro said...

so sorry about mighty mo! hope he's feeling better soon.

i personally like to read your non-training blogs... because then i don't feel like such a lazy ass.

"see, honey! commodore didn't work out today! i'm not the only one!"

as far as the dog chewing up things... bailey is almost three and is just barely getting out of that phase... or so i thought until I took her outside today and almost retwisted my ankle in the manhole she dug in our lawn. thank goodness it's winter here and the snow will cover that up soon... or benny would be pissed!!!

tri-mama said...

Sometimes those weekends "off" are good for us-lets you all rest up-sounds like mistress needed the time away-can't go wrong there. Hope Mo is up and better soon.

Nancy Toby said...

It's YOUR blog! Your loyal readers enjoy the insights into your daily life. And we're all hoping that Mo is feeling Mighty again by the time you have a chance to read this.

Flatman said...

Man, we have all been there! Don't worry about it. You will be back at it in no time. Hope Mo is better quick!

Oldman said...

Hope Mo greatrs better real soon. we will count this as a rest weekend....but sounds like you had little rest.

mipper said...

poor Mo! i hope he feels better. the poor guy. with his immune issues, do you have to take him in for extra ivs or anything? poor guy.

Bolder said...

you've got your priorities right my friend, i think this was a recovery week for you anyway -- right! right!!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Wow. You are a dedicated husband and father. Maybe everything will even out and you'll find some time to train soon. Good luck.