Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tagged.

I don't like tags or chain e-mails. I will be honest. I will never pass a tag. But I like Stronger so I will amuse her and out of respect for Wil who posted 50 things instead of 5 I will shoulder the burden this one time only and just free associate until I feel like stopping.

Things most bloggers don't know about me....

1. I was in a car accident at 16. I lost all my memory from those 16 years and was paralyzed for one week. I still have no memory from that time in my life of myself, my parents or any of my friends. Complete amnesia.
2. My real name is Commodore and I am the 13th. My son is the 14th.
3. I have had one closed head injury, see #1, an open head injury from a fight where a guy split my skull open with a garden hoe, and a equal dozen concussions. One more hard hit to the head and the doctors worry I may be a vegetable. I am under doctors orders to report all bumps to the head to my wife to monitor changes to my behavior and presence.
4. Because of #3, I have not played a contact sport, not even pick up basketball or touch football since my car accident, see #1.
5. I am half Hawaiian. Of my 47 cousins less than 20% are fair skinned. I'm in that 20%.
6. I live and train in the desert but perfer the rain.
7. Doctors told my parents to be prepared for me to only reach a 4th grade level mentally because of my accident, see #1, and that I would need long term care for life.
8. I took a vow of celebacy for one year so seriously that I avoided women for eight months.
9. I am a published author.
10. I have a list of every movie I have watched for the last five years.
11. I suffered a heat stroke that put me in a coma for one day.
12. Mentally retarded people make me cry. It reminds me of who I could have so easily been.
13. I am an unconscious over eater.
14. I was recently voted one of the best dressed men in my company.
15. I learned how to ride a bike at age 30.
16. I thought myself how to swim at age 22.
17. I can't find my way through a city in a car with a gps on board computer but can hike 12 mile in a forest with a map, compass and pace beads and walk within 3 meters of the exact spot I need to be at.
18. I have horrible anxiety about taking my shirt off in front of people.
19. I think I weigh 250 pounds, even though I weigh 195.
20. A co-worker once tried to convince me to have my IQ tested since he had his tested and it was pretty good. I refused for three days. He said he would pay for it. I took the test and was 145. He was 135. He had to call me super genius for a year.
21. I have an outstanding bet of $50 with every new employee who goes through my companys new hire school to match my score of 100% on a national personal training certification that is part of the course. In six years, not one person has done it.
22. My dream job was to be an executioner of death row inmates for the criminal justice system.
23. I was recruited to work for a US government agency in a foriegn country where it didn't matter if I spoke the language or if I fit in, if you get my meaning.
24. I still lament over getting rid of my first pick up truck 15 year ago.
25. I spent a few days in a mental institution becuase of #1. But I feel much better now thank you.
26. I have had a reoccuring dream for as long as I can remember that I lose my left leg from below the knee and have to wear a metal prostetic.

Still interested in reading my blog?
Ugh that was personal.

13 comments:

Keryn said...

But enlightening and interesting. Nothing bad...Thank you for sharing.

Pat said...

23. I was recruited to work for a US government agency in a foriegn country where it didn't matter if I spoke the language or if I fit in, if you get my meaning.

I'm glad to read this AFTER our hard work for you website...lol

That's 26 very interesting timbits of info, thanks for sharing that Comm.

Mica said...

Wow Comm, thanks for sharing. You are truly blessed to be so accomplished after such a terrible accident.

And yes, I'll still be reading your blog. ;)

Sixteen Chickens said...

That was very interesting! Left you my one and only insomnia tip under that post. The new wedding band is truly awesome.

Flatman said...

Interestingly enough, I knew alot of those already...

I have been reading your blog for a long time now, my friend!

mipper said...

that was actually very endearing. i was suprised that i knew several of those things though. i guess i have been reading your stuff longer than i thought. and also, where were you published? book or magazine... i'm interested in reading.

one more thing, i once met a man who used to be an executioner for the state of Florida. it was a very spiritual experience. he was one of the most loving and God-fearing men i have ever met. i don't think i will ever forget him.

Meagan said...

thanks for sharing Commodore! Wow...the things you learn about people. I feel like I know you way better now!

Brett said...

I think I'm more interested that ever!

Kona Shelley said...

Thanks for sharing, I think more of us could open up a little eh???

Kona Shelley said...

Thanks for sharing, I think more of us could open up a little eh???

Nytro said...

wow, commodore! that's fascinating stuff! sounds to me like you're a very blessed man! i'm glad that you use the life you have for good, rather than evil!! :)

Oldman said...

well that explains alot....I thought your were dropped on your head but the accident....ahah!

soccerdad said...

wow, talk about ovecoming adversity! since i've read your blog pretty much from its inception, i knew some of these already, but reading all of these in one blog is quite sobering. you are such an inspiration.