Friday, December 9, 2005

Friday?

The week went by way to fast. Next week is my last normal work week of the year and I need that time off starting next Friday to catch up on training for the month. I haven't taken a full week off at Christmas for eight or nine years. I wasn't planning on it for this year either but I really think I need it and deserve it.

"I'm smart enough, happy enough and gosh darn it people like me."
Stewart Smalley
Today should be a nice, and hopefully uneventful 10 miles. Its should reach 70 degrees, though to me it will still seem cold. Doesn't that just suck? I see see Snowbirds walking around in shorts and tee shirts and I have on a bomber jacket or polar fleece. Is there any irony in that?

I still haven't put up the trainer yet but for sure this weekend I will get some use from it.

8 comments:

Phil said...

8F up here in Ottawa, with snow. ...almost time to put the shorts away.

Flatman said...

10F this morning here in TEXAS...what the hell? I didn't want to get out of bed for fear of frostbite!

Cliff said...

The sky just dumped 1/2 foot of snow where i live :)..

I was contemplating to take a week off during xmas as well. I haven't took any holiday this year. Like you, if i take some time off, it will be for training.

Xmas might not be a good idea as things are pretty quiet already and I am getting a lot of training done before and after work. I am not considering take a few days here and there early next year.

Bolder said...

i just wish it was 70F in my office!

70F outside would be a dream come true...

William said...

Don't forget to plan for the January resolution crowd. Oh boy.

70 deg? Chilly? Why, when I was a a kid it was so cold, they couldn't measure it because the mercury froze.

Nytro said...

wait... you're riding the trainer when it's 70 degrees out? i know you're a desert rat and all, but c'mon, man!! we keep our house at 68!! And it's about 5 degrees outside today!! buy some warm bike clothes and get going!! benny and i would kill to have 70 degrees right now!

Pat said...

snow snow snow
cold cold cold
wind wind wind

The Wha, reporting from Quebec City, now back to you Ken !

Ellie Hamilton said...

Yup, I'm one of those shorts-clad snowbirds :-)