Thursday, June 29, 2006

To much of a good thing

Thank goodness I got in a good ride yesterday morning because I spent the rest of the day bouncing from one draining appointment to another.

After the ride I went to the dentists office. While I only had to sit in the chair for two hours for, 'The Works' all those noises and suctioninga and anticipation for the next sharp pain on a sensitve gumline had my adrenaline all drained out of me. I think I clinched my toes and hands white the whole time.

Then it one fairly stressful work activity after another, me needing X amount of time to do it and they needing Y amount of time for it to get done. Funny how Y is always less than X.

The last appointment of the day was the Blood donation center. I only have to give every five months because they do some big drain on me for being a O+ blood type. I don't like needles going in me, don't much care once their in, but this one had me jumping the whole time, about 45 minutes. Whenever the machine kicked over, it vibrated the line, which vibrated the needle in my arm, which made me constantly waiting for the next jolt.

By the time I got out of there, I was feeling a little loopy and my head was spinning. I had to stop off at a hardware store for a battery and while walking around I had that etheral stare about me, people asking me if I was okay, finding what I was looking for.

Got home and Mistress automatically caught the signals that my adrenaline was shot and my mind was wandering and sent me straight to bed and brought me advil and gatorade endurance. A little later I went down for a bowl of plain pasta and some butter but when Mo went down, I went down.

The moral today I suppose is the even though the dentist was good for me and donating was good for someone else, to much adrenaline blowing out of your system can put you down fast.

Feeling better today, a bit drained. Have a hard workout set for tonight, bike hill repeats and lake swim with the team.

4 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Good for you for donating! But no more until after IMFL!!! You're going to need every drop!

Comm's said...

Well I have to give one more time in mid October because I will not be able to donate for one year after I get my M-Dot tatoo.

mipper said...

gosh, i am amazed you did all of that.

the dentist usually wipes me out for at least two days... even just a cleaning. i tense up so much.

Comm's said...

exactly mipper. thank you.