Monday, June 19, 2006

Stability

Well the stability of summer has arrived in Phoenix, much like the rest of you around the country and world. I remember living along the equater in the south Pacific and loved the fact that regardless of what day of the year it was, the sun rose at 6:30 a.m. and set at 6:30 p.m. and the weather averaged 87 degrees temperature with 80% humidity.

Watching the weather reports for this week...hold here an minute and allow me a sidebar. Does anyone else think the weather person is the news room equivilant of a circus clown? The anchor throws a glibe joke in the segue to the weather guy, who gets all animated doing their job, then gets to go 'onsite' to some high school pep rally. Maybe thats just me.

Anyway, I thought maybe it was a typo but all week it showed 111* as a high and 83* as the low. All freaking week. So I jump to another station and of course they are also doing weather, like they all plan this out in some National Weather Association kegger each month, and it shows the same thing.

At least I know what to expect when I get out there.

4 comments:

Flo said...

I have to say Comm, that's one of the best things about living in Hawaii, the stability of the weather. Only a few short months a year does the sun rise later or set earlier, I love it. I sure don't envy that 111 though.

Fe-lady said...

Yuck here too..and we are supposed to be cooler, right?
It's 5 a.m. workouts and indoor pool swimming time.
Can't complain about the afternoon nap time tho! :-)

Sean said...

The weather person is one of the only jobs I'm aware that you can be wrong all the damn time and never loose your job.

LiNC

Chris said...

"But it's a dry heat." How much do you hate it when folks tell you that when it's 111 outside. Dry heat or not, 111 and you feel like you're absolutely frying out there!

Try and stay cool and if you can't, at least stay hydrated!