Thursday, June 8, 2006

New Shiny Thing

Aha!

I love Shiny Things. ShinyThingsShinyThingsShinyThings.

Thanks to all the feedback on how to cart my Valdora PHX around with my Charger, I got a car hitch and Thule bike rack to go with it. I just couldn't break up the roof line of the car with a carrier. Plus I would scratch the roof putting bikes up there. I know it.

Never really had to deal with a bike rack before since I always had the truck. This model carries two bikes and folds out to get better access to the trunk. It comes off also, so on those few days I don't ride, its a breeze to pull off. Oh, the bike hanger also folds down so if I leave it attached to the car but don't have the bike, it's not sticking out.

Same kind of weather yesterday afternoon, monsoon came through. This time less dust cap and more rain and lightening.

BTW, I was trying to remember the meteorological name of the dust cloud but couldn't in my last post. I heard it Wednesday. Its called a Habib (pronouced Ha-beeb, middle eastern sounding) I always thought that was a cool term. I also like Virga, which describes rain that you can see falling from clouds but dosen't reach the ground.

5 comments:

Papa Tweet said...

Sorry, I've been gone. My internet connection was down. You bought a charger? With a Hemi? We need pics.

By the way, I like your political statement a few days ago. It's OK that you don't like scooters. Atleast you like someone that does like scooters. I am wondering what it is about scooters that you don't like. But, we'll save that for another day.

Benny

Flatman said...

PICTURES!!!

Fumo Santo said...

That dust storm was a doozey wasn't it. I even made it's way all the way out here in the West (Litchfield Park).

As for the term, it's a Haboob, not a Habib, just an FYI.

Bolder said...

we quite often have virga here in da Republic.

Habeela said...

That's amusing! Habeeb in Arabic means "sweetheart". Congrats on finding out your a hardcore open water swimmer! :)