Tuesday, June 6, 2006

I kicked your ass!

I kinda like that quote, the title of this post. Well, its my quote.

One day a long time ago I was sucking wind in a hard road race. I was pushing the red line and didn't want to let the course beat me. When I crossed the line, I raised my arms and yelled at the course, "I kicked your ass!" It symbolizes my dominant thought at not giving up on something.

Today I said it when I completed the run outside my office. Last week, still feeling the effects of the flu and not being properly acclimatized, I bonked hard, physically and mentally. Today was my attempt to just go slow and easy and overcome both those obstacles.

I did that and more. I ran farther than I wanted and felt fresh doing it. Oh sure my knees and shins felt a bit sore, just like every person's does when they are inconsistant in running but I know very well, that will be gone by next week after two or three more sessions.

Thank you for all your personal blogs that I have read the last couple days that have helped get me back out there. Sick is not cool.

7 comments:

TriZilla said...

Woo Hoooo! Very glad you are back.

Back to our regularly schedule IM program, I guess! Good for you! :)

Flatman said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Cliff said...

kick butt.. i love that mentality.

First day of school for Mo...look so much fun :)

Habeela said...

Woohoo! Go Comm's! Way to recapture those missing steps! See, they always come back around. :)

Papa Tweet said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. Sometimes it takes that one break through workout to break free of a slump. Way to be Comm.
Benny

Nancy Toby said...

Uh oh, I see your old blogspot address got hijacked too:

http://commonmansyndrome.blogspot.com/

Tri-Angle said...

Welcome back Comm