Friday, June 2, 2006

Charge(r)

Some of my stress lately has been over getting rid of my falling apart pick up. It has served me well but rumors of Mistress wanting an updated model of Mighty Mo in 2007 has also got me thinking about where I would put another car seat in a standard cab truck.

So I bought a 2006 Dodge Charger.The color is off, I got the Steel Silver version. I must admit I did not get the hemi. Yes I am all about 350 horsepower but I was not prepared for 9 miles a gallon in city, premium fuel no less. Sorry but I will give up 75 horsey's for sheer sensibility. Plus all the literature says the V6 model I got is actually the best engine of the group.

Now a little poll for you folks.
With prices fairly similiar, Do you think I should go with a roof rack that would destroy the great lines of this car or put a small trailer hitch on the back and attach a bike rack to that?
Today is my first official outside workout since the stomach flu. A short run in the middle of the afternoon. Local temps. call for 110 today. Short is the operative word.

12 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

Trailer hitch.

Cliff said...

I would put the roof rack. I don't trust the trailer and risk cars from ramming my bike.

Tri-Angle said...

NO ROOF RACK!!!!
The bike carrier I got cost me $135.00, holds 2 bike and works great

Habeela said...

Enjoy the run! And a hitch in the back is DEFINITELY the way to go.

stronger said...

Updated version of Mighty Mo? Sounds like you are trading him in! Poor little fella. ha.

Nytro said...

good for you, comm! love the car. thanks for making a difference, however small that is. benny and i have a roof rack. our biggest problem with the roof rack is that we forget the bikes are on when we pull into the carport/garage. also, i have no upperbody strength, so benny usually has to put the bikes on top. just a thought.

Steven said...

Hitch. No question about that.

Steven said...

Hitch. No question about that.

Deb said...

Came across your blog and reading for inspiration. Great job with training. Ironman will be a big accomplishment.. Best of luck! The car is pretty too. I'd go for the hitch...want to keep that baby lookin good!

Rainbow said...

Trailer hitch is my vote. that is what we have because I am too short to reach the roof with any ease. I am not sure if Mistress is height challenged, but just a thought.

Also, you are not being a whiny bitch in my view. I say this of course because I just posted about being sick, though you have it much rougher than me. When you are in training mode I think it is hard to give your body the break it needs, but I would say take the weekend off.

Phil said...

Hey Comm, just catching up. Na-hice car. Mighty Mo will be the envy of his crew in 10 years time. Go with the hitch! You can use it to pull the Jet Skis. (Or did you not tell the mistress yet ...)

Phil said...

Hey Comm, just catching up. Na-hice car. Mighty Mo will be the envy of his crew in 10 years time. Go with the hitch! You can use it to pull the Jet Skis. (Or did you not tell the mistress yet ...)