Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Mo's First First Day of School

Oh my Mighty Mo. Monday was his first day of Pre-School. The school he goes to is good through 1st grade. He had a really good time.



Okay back to me, where the spotlight rightfully belongs. Got in a 1 mile pool swim. I swim a 100 yards in about 1:50, which puts me at roughly 2:10 per 100 meters. So why is it that in open water I am much, much slower? Is it because I can't tack worth a damn? Is it because I don't stroke as hard or as deep? (Simmer down Bolder)? Maybe a bit of both.

But got the workout in and thats what matters. I was snockered by 6pm and ready for bed, its a process getting back up the foundation of my training.

Today is a short run. Its a redemptive run for last week. Its only going to be about 20 minutes outdoors, but its important for me to acclimitize and overcome the stigma from the bonk last Thursday.

6 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Mo is adorable!!!!

OK, onto you, Comm. Your slow speed in open water swimming could be your tracking. Do you have some small inconsistencies in your stroke or kick? That could be it. That is/was the case for me, although, I'm working on correcting it.

Flo said...

That little boy is so adorable!!! It almost makes me want more kids. Luckily I manage to get over it :)

Nice swim and run!!! I think the open water problem could be due to tracking but also it's like the difference between running on a treadmill and running outside. A pool is pretty calm. Open water is going to have movement, and current and wind and stuff. Even a lake that appears still and calm is in motion. Pratice, practice, practice. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

stronger said...

First day is the hardest...for the parents! Looks like he jumped right into the mix.

Flatman said...

pink is the new black...

Nancy Toby said...

I would have been SO wiping back the tears at school! What a cutie!

Keryn said...

How awesome! He looks like he'll be happy as a clam there! And he is getting so big! I'm sure everyone tells you this, but he's the spitting image of his handsome father!