Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Year End Jitters

Last night was the first of what will probably be many nights that I bolt upright in bed at xero -three in a sweat worried about taxes along with month end and year end responsibilities at work. It happens every year and lasts strongly through mid January and lingers until my CPA tells me the good or bad news. How fun for me that my next Ironman is tax day. So if your stressing as well just be sure to look at my countdown clock and thats how much time you have to get your taxes done.

As a self employed person I have the luxury of paying my own taxes instead of it being drawn out of my check each pay period. There are certain advantages and disadvantages to that. I think if more people actually knew what came out of their check in taxes we would have a revolt in this country.

So this morning I was up at 3am and most likely will be at my desk working until 3am trying to satisfy my need to feel 'caught up'. As if that is something that actually happens for more than five minutes.

I will put in a run this afternoon to get some training accomplished but stress is putting enough endorphins through me right now.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

It's stress that's for sure. Take care yoruself during the holidays.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Dude... step away from the Schedule C, take a deep breath, and get some sleep.

Stay tuned...

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Dude... step away from the Schedule C, take a deep breath, and get some sleep.

Stay tuned...