Friday, December 29, 2006

New Year Inspiration

If I try to do nothing else in this genre, I will try to leave people uplifted, enthused and inspired. It is not easy and honestly not every post is a gem. Lately it seems its been downright whining. But I will not be a Whining Little Bitch, I will not. Pity is a bad seed. BEGONE BAD SEED.

So here is some inspiration for your New Years weekend.

Each day you wake up you have a choice:
1. Celebrate what you can do.
2. Mourn what you can't do.

Far to often we lament on our failures or situations and not celebrate the fact that we are whole people; able to swim and bike and run and laugh and can have social interaction with others with full use of our bodies. Many good people can not say that. There are people out there right now, with far more money than you and much happier at their jobs and with their families that are suffering from incurable illnesses. Your problems are really not that bad in the long run.

So each day wake up with excitement and enthusiasm. I love the word enthusiasm because I can't say it with out feeling better. Celebrate what you can do and you will become perfect at it.

Become committed to something so badly that it becomes your mission to be great at it; whether that be becoming a better employee, boss, triathlete, husband or father. I think many of us think we are committed to something when in fact we are not, we are just going through the motions. When you become committed to a goal, which could be as simple as finishing a new distance race or as hard as changing your relationship with a family member, you will begin to live a life of prosperity instead of just enough.

Be excellent.

2007- The Year of 'Gotta Step It Up"

7 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Nah, you don't "gotta" step it, up, you "get to" step it up!! It's a choice, not a compulsion!!

But it's YOUR year, of course.

All the best to you and your family in 2007, Comm!! Thanks for all your good words you shared with us in 2006!

jp said...

well said.

Lisa said...

Nicely stated. Although sometimes easier said than done, I'd certainly like to spend most of my time celebrating what I can do and toss those mourning what I can't do feelings out the window.

Brent Buckner said...

Be excellent to one another.

And party on, dudes.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Happpy New Year!

Stay tuned...

Bolder said...

happy new year!

i'll see you in two my brothah from anothah mothah!!

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Happy New Year, Commodore. I'm so glad I met you in '06!
Jenny