Monday, December 11, 2006

Version 2.5

Today I am healthy enough to OFFICIALLY begin training for Ironman Arizona. No more congestion. Very little pain in my back. Only 125 day's left till the race.

When I started training for Ironman Arizona 2006, which I did not do since I was already committed to Florida and by the time I thought about it was sold out, I was all out with my training partners who were doing AZ, we started in October 2005.

I took very little time off after my IMAZ 2006 peak and dived right into IMFL 2006 training. It was pretty much 500+ days of training for Florida. Now after ostensibly 40 days off of vigorous physical activity I will ramp up for Ironman number two.

I will start my first day back the same way I have started almost all my first training days since my car accident twenty years ago. I will go for a walk. Going for a walk is a reminder that at one point in my life I couldn't walk, I didn't know how to walk. Its to remind me that I need to pace myself and be humble compared to the goals before me.

A walk today reminds me that I still have to be careful slipping into a quality program rather than blast off and crush my body in an all out attack on its senses. Plenty of time for that in the upcoming weeks.

Charlie Mike...(continue the mission)

5 comments:

Iron Pol said...

Wheeeee! Nothing like the beginning of official training. I'm in a holding pattern for a few more weeks.

BTW, an outdoor wedding... In December...

Oh wait, you're not in Wisconsin.

Wendy said...

Comm's the walk is brilliant!

Laurie said...

I second Wendy. The walk is brilliant.

It is always good to remember where we came from and how much work it took to get us there. I like that you begin by centering yourself with a simple walk. Walking is good for your sanity.

Spokane Al said...

I like the idea of looking back first as we plan and look forward. It is good to get our bearings as we set out on our new direction.

Lisa said...

wow.

I think *I* need to go for a walk and reflect...