Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Theme for 2007

Every year I create a new theme to focus on for the year. For example 2005 was 'The Year of Miracles', which actually should have been the 'Year Of Getting My Teeth Kicked In', but the start of 2006 had a lot of sowing from the reaping I did earlier. 2006 is 'The Year for Breakthrough'. At the top of my list (non-biz) was my relationship with my son, Ironman and the AzTriClub. In all three areas I broke through and my life was enriched.

2007 is going to be 'The Year of Gotta Step It Up'. Yeah it doesn't write out as well as it sounds.

It is nothing more that looking my personal struggles and determining to be successful at something. Have the courage to stand and be counted. Step Up whatever it is that you need to step up in order for you to accomplish something with excellence.

I am not saying that if your stepping up for your first Ironman that you have go sub-13. Stepping up is getting to the start. Gotta Step It Up means many things like; consistent training, focused effort, resolve in a relationship, communication with someone close to you. Step It Up is not letting your local rival beat you in your annual triathlon.

To me 'a means to this end' is perfect execution of training. Every training event needs to be done with a positive mental attitude, crisp movements and energy. Gotta Step It Up is having a great Ironman Arizona event this coming April. Stepping It Up is beating my close friend, training partner and race rival Hardcore Mike at IMAZ. Gotta Step It Up is then focusing on speed work for the half irons and Olympics I will be doing for the next several months.

If you have struggled with something in your life recently and after some introspection you realize that if you had just been a little more dedicated to the cause then something great could have happened, if you just had a theme to tie your life together for one year, then make 2007 your Year of Gotta Step It Up.

Where it takes you is up to you.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Comm's sometimes I comment and Blogger feels my contribution is less than worthwhile.

I think it's a great mantra!!! (Even if it is the second time I've said so.)