Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas movie locations

Okay I was not the only one who sat through a ba-dozen Christmas movies the last four days. Did anyone else notice that 99.99% of them are based in New England, New York and the mid-west?

A Christmas Story (personal fav) is in Indiana ,
The Griswald's live in Chicago,
Home Alone is Chicago,
It's A wonderful life's Bedford Falls is fictionally in Upper New York state.
Snoppy, Charlie Brown and the gang live in Minnesota.
Miracle on 34th St is New York,
The Santa Clause is filmed in Toronto,
Elf is New York.

Yeah not much in they way of Christmas masterpieces being filmed on the West Coast, unless of course you throw Lethal Weapon in there. Or Die Hard. Okay don't kill me for mentioning Less Than Zero.

Maybe my whole hypothesis is shot. I think I just wasted a post.

No comments: