Thursday, October 19, 2006

Step right up

24 AzTriClub members will be toeing the line at Soma next weekend. The list is posted...
Here

Not bad for a club that started as a thought between the Machine, John and I one year ago. Now we are over 80 strong and highly represented at the Soma Quarter and Half Iron distance triathlon.

This race is along the same roads as Ironman Arizona, so if your interested in getting a feel for the longer course in 2008, this is a great pick up race for next year and rated as the best end of year half iron on the west coast by triathlete magazine.

If you are travelling here for the race, be sure to find the AzTriClub tent somewhere around the finish area on race day and check in, look for the banner and the blue topped sun tent. I will be there to greet you since I won't be racing, I have my own little triathlon the following weekend...maybe you have heard of it. We will have water and of course beer.

2 comments:

Papa Tweet said...

See you at the tent Comms!

Andy said...

I think that is great that you were able to take an idea like that and bring your now current tri team to what it is today. Must be a great feeling.

I hope you have a fun time spectating at this weekend's event! It is always fun to have a tent to go to after a race and enjoy a few beers.

Murtha...