Friday, October 6, 2006

More than one test...

A confluence of crap has crippled workouts this week. Its hard to believe that tomorrow will be my last blast workout and then taper. I was going to write that my volume would drop and intensity go up but my volume this week was 75 minutes on the bike and a 75 minute massage. Saturdays workout will a be test in so many ways now.

Can I go from zero to hero in one workout? Saturday morning I will be jumping in the lake for a 2.4 mile swim. No time trials here, not even really pushing IM pace, just a methodical get it down workout. Then its down the road to the bike loop 3 hours of faster than IM pace training. Finally a I will run 90 minutes or until 2pm which ever comes first.

At 2pm I promised to be at a jr. high football game which is a mile from the bike loop.

In essense this is a modified half iron distance workout. After this my only goal is to put in one four hour run next week and then it true taper mode.

Hard to believe that after 472 days, I have done all I can do. Will it be enough?

4 comments:

Ellie Hamilton said...

Will it be enough, he says. (Does sarcasm translate to blogging?)

If it ain't enough, I'm sunk.

I was mindboggled back in March at the workouts you were doing. You could have done IMAZ in April and you haven't let up except when you were sick. If you can't do it, no one can!!!

Jen_runs said...

Yes.

Cliff said...

CMS,

Yes. Have confidence in yourself and your body.

Bolder said...

you'll get your answer today.