Saturday, October 28, 2006

Better Now

I don't remember if I posted this yet but I had my first full on Iron Meltdown Wednesday night. I was a wreck, nothing went right in my preperation for travel to Florida. I ripped my wetsuit really badly which I posted on that, I missed my run which was to test my bum knee which pissed me off. I went to get my bike from Tribe to take to a LBS for shipment to Florida and they hadn't finished it so I had to wait and that not only caused me to miss my massage but the LBS closed and I thought I had missed the transport deadline. I had a massive headache and my right eye twitched well into the night.

Thursday was better. I got my bike to the LBS for shipment. I walked in and out of Tribe in under 30 minutes in a perfectly good wetsuit that I had already tried in the water there. At the lake I had a faster swim per 1000 yards in the new suit then ran a 8'30" and then 7'30" mile.

I got to test a new Shiny Thing that I haven't posted about yet. Its a super cool multi use lantern.

On Friday I had lunch with Benny, Nytro, Mistress and Mighty Mo. Its been a year since all of us had been together and it was great. Mo has gone through a lot with his routines this week with me being gone two days and going to a resturant when he normally goes to take a nap so he was not the uber-cutey he normally is.

I fiddled with my iPod and created some great songlists that I have cranked in my car. In a pre-emptive strike to Nytro, yes people sing the chorus to Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond.

There was a big mixer at Tribe Friday night and triathletes from all over the city came to pay there respects to Kevin and his business. I don't think I would be where I am today in triathlon without him. After I didn't win anything after repeated attempts to cheat the system ;) a dozen of us training partners went out to watch the end of the World Series and have sandwiches.

I gave a 20 minute interview to the local newpaper about triathlon over the phone while at the mixer, would be cool if I made it in the paper.

Felt strange telling people I am 7 days away from Ironman. It wa really hitting me that I am running a marathon next week. Funny how the mind puts things in perspective.

1 comment:

Nytro said...

yes... they sing the chorus to sweet caroline... but not to pump themselves up man... you're a sick individual.

but, you already knew that.