Monday, October 16, 2006

Another blow to the Metrosexual

Full credit to Fox News for the article. My two bits...I only wear flip flops to and from a training/racing event or around the house in any regard its pretty obvious its not for hours of use. I personally think they are disgusting as everyday wear on Men AND Woman. Woman can wear sandals and open toed shoes and all that, but I see all types of women wearing shower shoes for daily use. I don't think flip-flops are a flashpoint the metrosexual movement (like they define John Kerry) as the author suggests but in fact are a contributor and side effect of the slackness in todays young adults.

Do 'Real Men' Wear Flip-Flops?

Monday, October 16, 2006


8 comments:

Laurie said...

The taper must be getting to you ;)

Kewl Nitrox said...

CONFESSION TIME: I wear flip flops. Even to church sometimes. I just love them for the host humid weather in Singapore.

Where I draw the line is CROCS. Those are supposed to be kids shoes. Adults just look dorky wearing neon green or pink crocs. :)

Flo said...

In Hawaii everyone wears flip-flops, or as we locals call them - slippahs. I tend to agree with you Comm, they are yucky. I agree even more with Nitrox, Crocs?!?!?! Ugh?!?!?!?!?!

jp said...

flip flops are mandatory San Diego attire in the summer. I have 3 pairs and wear them all the time.

Nancy Toby said...

I think people who are overly concerned with what does or doesn't define their sexuality probably have "issues". I'm just sayin....

Flatman said...

Dude...all weekend, every weekend in the summer. I'm just saying; it's hot in Texas.

Now crocs are a whole different story. Crocs should be outlawed.

Little Miss FattyPants said...

wait..what are crocs? are those the funny looking plastic garden shoe things?

Lance Notstrong said...

I told one of my daughters friends that was wearing flip flops at school, "when I was in high school, you'd get your ass kicked for wearing something like that" :-)