Sunday, October 22, 2006

Goings On and just going

Its not been a vastly productive weekend. My Saturday workout was an average swim time in open water. Not especially happy with my breathing and mechanics, I felt off, but felt good energy wise.

Went to a party for Ironman Kona and watched several hours of it live on two big screens. It was sort of a Soma half ironman, Florida ironman, were all doing Ironman Arizona 2007 party with the spouses and kids all together too. It was fun.

I took a prescription back pill, from Hardcore Mike who got into ANOTHER truck on truck accident, again not his fault and the damn thing laid me out for twelve straight hours. I needed the sleep but I didn't move at all and my damn back was tighter when I got up, so I bailed on the 90 minute bike ride. Apparantly this was a smart thing to do since Hardcore got into ANOTHER bike on bike accident, again not his fault. Bikes are both okay but the Mike was already hurting from his car accident and the other cyclist just got a cast off his broken foot. Both are penned for Soma this weekend, but no it questionable for them.

I went to see Jet Li's Fearless with my dad. Good thing I suppose since I am trying to limit my drama.

Monday and Tuesday I will be in Seattle for work. Its a quick, quick trip and anyone from Seattle reading this, I wish I had time to hook up but simply can be done. I am flying out Tuesday evening so I can take Mighty Mo to school Wednesday and some last minute things for Ironman need to be done.

Kind of bad timing this trip. On Wednesday I need to get my bike up to a LBS for shipment to Florida, but its not the same LBS I get my tune ups and want to get one more before the race. I had planned to send the wetsuit with the bike but I have some tears that need to be patched before that and its still wet tonight. So I will need to sort that out. Probably will send the suit and patch it in Florida.

I am going to try to get a run in on Tuesday morning but its going to be high 40's. My body is not used to that temperature and don't want to catch a cold this close to my race. I am already on zicam and cold-eze to boost my immune system before the race.

Charlie Mike

1 comment:

Jen_runs said...

These things (like badly timed work trip) are designed to test the Common Man. A Common Man would let himself get rattled by it. Good thing you aren't one ;-)

Charlie Mike indeed.