Monday, October 30, 2006

Running Fast

I leave for Florida on Tuesday. Remember the race is Saturday, November 4th, not Sunday like most Ironman races. I will of course be posting via Blogger Mobile through my cell phone like I occasionally do. Those that have my phone number will be speaking with Mistress on race day since my phone has a longer battery.

I can access my blogger comment email through my cell phone so if you leave me words of encouragement or questions about how to get ahold of me by cell phone, I can respond if your email is attached to your comment on my end, (meaning not listed as 'nonreply-comment@blogger"

Beginning Thursday link over to Ironman Live and on the right side top is a 'ironman live' tab. This will take you to a selection page, type in MANN or bib number 758 to follow my progress. Search around a bit to see if there is a link for text messaging available updates instead of having to man the pc all day. If my directions did not work, then figure it out I have too many other things going on.

Woke up at 0330 to go to the Soma Triathlon Sunday morning. Had a great time, not nearly as restive as I wanted it to be. Without giving away too much information, I saw Nytro and Benny all over the place. Met a very disabled and frustrated TriGreyhound and is very nice wife. Just good people there. Wish there was more I could have done to help. Got heaps of praise and well wishes from my friends in the local tri community.

On Saturday I put my deposit down and turned in my design work for my tattoo. Yes I am getting it here not there. Will go into that in a later post, after I have earned it.

Very busy Monday at work and trying to get the last odds and ends done before leaving at 0445 for the airport Tuesday.

I have maybe 95% of my race gear ready and 75% of my travel gear ready. None of its packed. I figure if I get there without living clothes I'll buy what I need. Go native so to speak. I am spoiling myself financially. As if there was any doubt.

10 comments:

Spokane Al said...

It sounds like you have the planning down to a science.

Good luck to you. I, like many others, will be following your adventure via the internet site.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Too exciting! Go get 'em!

Thanks to Ironman Live, I can actually follow your progress all the way from Singapore. :)

Habeela said...

Go Comm's! I think between all the bloggers racing this weekend I'm going to be glued to my computer on Saturday. :) Can't wait to see the results!

Wendy said...

Comms -- almost there!!!! I'm sure we'll all look forward to your mobile updates! Best wishes for a safe journey and a fabulous day Saturday!!!

Brent Buckner said...

Best wishes for safe travels and a great day on November 4th.

Laurie said...

Enjoy a few relaxing days in Florida before your big day. You are ready.

Flatman said...

can't.



wait.

tarheeltri said...

Same here. See you in PCB shopping for clothes!

"Smash" said...

Alright man! Go get'em and I will see you out there.

Rainbow said...

safe travels my friend! Hubby and I will be tuned to our computer for updates!