Wednesday, October 25, 2006

1st rule of triathlon is do nothing new in a race. Well my wetsuit is ripping to pieces, I have been using aqua seal to seam up the tears but then it rips on the edge of glue. Mostly this is occuring in the arm pits and the upper arms. I have also lost enough weight that the suit is not as tight as it used to be so I notice that after a couple thousand yards I am not as bouyant in the water.


I continue to seam up my rips and with getting out of the water at 2,000 meters during the race, the suit will drain out the extra water. I only have another 2 or 3 miles of swimming before the race and the suit does feel natural on me, so I am looking at a total of 7 miles at most before I will most likely get a new suit before the next season.

Mistress not only gave her blessings for a new suit, it was her idea. Most likely, I could have a new suit bought and in the lake by Thursday afternoon.

Would you buy a new wetsuit for Ironman with only three or four swims on it before the biggest swim of your life or do you stick to the old tried and true suit, tremendous battle scars and all?

8 comments:

"Smash" said...

I vote for a new suit! 1) It will perform better and 2) you will not have to worry in the back of your head if your sleeve is going to rip off when you get into the "washing machine" called an Ironman swim start!

Kona Shelley said...

You will love a new suit, and it will make you faster knowing how much you love it...:-D Go for it!!

Clyde S. Dale said...

Go for it!!

tarheeltri said...

Sure. I'm renting one and haven't even worn it yet (as I did with my first HIM). You'll be fine.

Tri-Angle said...

New Suit Comm

Glen said...

go new man, we can look cool ion our new suits today out the lake, what time you going out.

Jonathan said...

am i the only one who says DON'T do it? unless you like the potential of your suit eating away at your neck for 2.4 miles.

only exception to this would be if it is them manufacturer and model or you can get a long swim in it prior to the race.

Jonathan said...

sorry, can't type. exception is if it the same manufacturer...