Thursday, November 3, 2005

Whats in a year?

1 year = 525, 948 minutes = 31, 556, 926 seconds.

In 365 days, myself and a dozen plus of my favorite internet bloggers will be treading the buoys in the Gulf of Mexico awaiting the infamous cannon shot that begins every Ironman race.

I think of my tri-athletic conditioning just nine months ago and where I am today. What a difference. I can only imagine the conditioning that will occur over the next year and how it will shape and change my body internally and externally. The mindset and character building attributes that will change me from being a 'Common Man' into an 'IronMan'.

My mind already this far away is inextricably drawn to that future date of destiny. I already have affirmations of, "I am an Ironman." I pray to God every day to give me the wisdom and patience and strength and especially courage to not only accomplish this goal but have fun doing it. I want my first Ironman race to surprise me with its effortlessness. I want all the obsticles that will be there to come in their time and be easily manuevered around.

I do not fear Ironman. More than anything I look forward to the test I will put my body through. More than anything I want to know what is inside me. Regardless over the next year how bad my body aches or chaffs, I know that on that course in Florida, I will find something inside me I have not yet met.

365 days is only a moment in time. An aribitary point of reference when training for Ironman. Bring It.

2 comments:

mipper said...

i love this post!

Wil said...

Battle cry right there - GO COM!