Sunday, November 27, 2005

Weekend Update

Well it was a good as it could get. Had the great triathlon race on Thursday. Woke up at 11pm Thursday night and did not go back to sleep until 9 pm Friday night, so I ditched the run that day, Saturday was a great bike ride, with special guest apperance by IronBenny, who is a great cyclist.

Today? Today was a swim in the lake, one of our last for the year...maybe. 56 degrees was what my pool thermometer read as I pulled it from the water. Instead of our usuall buoy to buoy route we decided to keep it shorter and closer to shore incase someone got into trouble. In fact we were all having a hard time breathing. I actually felt quite comfortable in the water but breathing was labored.

After the swim we bricked a run. 7.5 miles along a very windy and hilly road into Tortilla Flats. I had a great run. Total time was 1:03: 00, which is 8:30 miles. Wait until I post up the graph tomorrow to see how hilly it was, then you will appreciate the time. I really felt great but my HR was very high, 162-169 mostly.

I did not get in everything I wanted but what I did I am very happy with. A great weekend of training.

3 comments:

Bolder said...

I got hungry soon as I read Tortilla Flats! But, thanks for the pics, got a sense of the area.

Look forward to seeing you chart!

Ellie Hamilton said...

I wimped out because of the wind :-(

But yesterday we hiked the Peralta Trail to the top (and down) and today(sore in the quads from the "down") I did some strength training (physical, that is....)

Oldman said...

hilly flats?