Monday, November 21, 2005

My gosh...

...is this how busy people feel? Its almost noon and I hadn't posted yet. I have been working on blogs and websites and surfing bloglines but not taking care of my own business.

Let's see....this week, I am signed up for a Triathlon for Thanksgiving Day Thursday.

I have a 19 mile run set up for Friday (which would normally be Tuesday but need fresh legs for the race, anyway I may cancel it in lieu of other training, maybe, maybe not).

A special engagement, one Saturday only, 60 mile ride with special guest appearence from IronBenny in town to race the same tri on Thanksgiving with his wife Nytro.

If I can't get my training group to jump on the long Saturday morning ride then I will meet them for scheduled practices which are a Saturday afternoon 1.25 mile open water lake swim and then a Sunday morning 45-60 mile ride.

See why I may cancel the 19 mile run on Friday? If I do drop it, I will then add a half marathon after my second Sunday ride.

I hope none of you were planning on taking a 4 day holiday with no training this weekend?

9 comments:

PuddyRat said...

Certainly no slacking off training this week for me. I'm scheduled for two swims, three runs (one 5k race, one half marathon race, and just a short plain old training run), and three bikes. Granted, the bikes are short (an hour and under), but given that I'm still coming back from the inactivity that goes with surgery, that's still quite a load.

Good luck to you, IronBenny and Nytro on your respective races!

Oh, AND I get to cook for a dozen and a half people on Thursday (right after my 5k race). What better way is there to justify that piece of pie, eh?

Comm's said...

Puddyrat, that is certainly a full week of training. And I commend any and all women who prepare a feast on Thanksgiving. I am not allowed to cook in my house for good reason but I am very appreciative of what Mistress does through.

Bolder said...

A Thanksgiving Day Tri!

Capital J. Jealous.

Then throw in guest appearances, and you are now into Capital E. Envy.

jp said...

That is a huge weekend of training. NICE!!!

Here's my plan for the week...

this morning - Masters swim practice....distance day (3800 yds)
Tues - 75 min ride on bike trainer
Wed - masters swim practice
Thurs - early am 7 miler
Fri - Swim
Sat - 40 mile bike ride along the coast....

Cliff said...

Have fun with the tri race.

Holidays are the best time to train. I look forward to xmas when I go pound the snow in the cold.

Flatman said...

animal. robot. in-human.

Keryn said...

So after looking at your plans, mine seem more like not training at all. I am not cooking on Thursday, so I will try to get a solid walk/run in. I am getting up for a run and Body Pump on Friday. Then unfortunately, it's off to work. I need to work Saturday morning too. Sunday may be a total rest day though.

So in comparison, I'm not completely slacking off, but I'm certainly not putting in the hours you are. But then, the culmination of my training this year is an olympic tri, where yours is an Ironman. :)

bunnygirl said...

A Thanksgiving Tri sounds so cool! I wish we had one around here!

Nancy Toby said...

Woo, have fun, and give our best to IronBenny and Nytro!

I think I'm just doing a 5K on TG and a 10K the day after.