Sunday, November 20, 2005

Half a plan

Couldn't find anyone to go out to the lake and swim and I let the day slip away waiting to find that out. I did get to spend some time with the Mighty Mo and do some odd jobs around the Casa.

The bike ride today was great. 46 miles. There was a terrible wind, 15-20 mph going through the canyon area we ride through for the first 8 miles. Average speed was not to fall over from a gust and still move forward. Going up the hills didn't seem as hard this week which makes me think I am getting better at this stuff. Coming down, I rode the brakes because of the wind coming from seemingly every direction.

Going up the second mountain (Usery Pass) I kept the Good Doctor within a couple hundred yards the whole way. That felt good. Once at the top I was able to catch up and then we screamed down and around back to the cars. We averaged over 30 mph for about 6 miles of the remaining ten.

The rest of today is spent with the family. We are taking Mighty Mo to Chicken Little.

9 comments:

Cliff said...

Chicken Little seems like a good movie. I am sure Mighty Mo will love it.

That sounds like a good bike ride.

Papa Tweet said...

Holy crap Com! 30 MPH for six miles. Please tell me there were some downhills on that reach. Otherwise, I am way behind on my cycling fitness. Either way, be sure to say hello as you scream past me in the Turkey Tri. Wait, this race is reverse order. So, when you lap me on the bike, be sure to say hello. Look forward to hooking up with you at the race. Nytro is dying to meet you. She was bummed she couldn't make it last time. See you soon.
Benny

Kewl Nitrox said...

I concur, that was a FAST ride!

Flatman said...

Gotta love the speed rush!

Wil said...

MAN! That has to be a hell of a descend unless your bike shorts came with rockets in the chamois! Geez!

And please let me know what you think of that movie, our kids love the commercial when it comes on :)

Oldman said...

30 mph now that's fast! sounds like you had a great weekend.

tri-mama said...

Nice biking!

tarheeltri said...

You're an animal!

ZAG said...

Keep it up man. Your killin it on the bike. Im debating riding to work and back, but that would put me in the dark...scary...danger?