Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Random musings

This isn't really a random post just eclectic items to discuss.

Last night I got in my 12 mile run. I averaged 9:40 per mile. Not bad considering my last three miles were at 10:30 thanks to a leg cramp. I put in a couple of high 8's for good measure. Since then I have been really hot and legs very sore. I have drank almost a gallon of water in five hours. It's not dehydration, believe me I know that feeling. Its like my body needs water to repair the physical damage. Its also keeping me awake.

I took in 3 endurolytes before and then 3 every five miles and when I was done I had a nice crust of salt on my arms and legs. I haven't had the salt caking my skin like that the Army. Interesting.

Mistress and I had a disagreement over Mighty Mo going to a birthday party Sunday at a highly contagious location. Remember that he's been put on quarantine by his doctor since he already has contracted pnuemonia in the last 30 days. He is not allowed to play with or frequent an area with children who go to school or could be contagious until February. I was very much against it as I feel a three hour party is not worth a possible $200 in medical bills, sleepless nights and fussy days. She felt he needed to release some 'kid' after three weeks of seclusion. Sure enough 48 hours later I get the call that he is running a fever and to stock up on pediasure and pediacare on the way home. The Mighty Mo...tsk tsk... what a trooper. I would do anything for him to be as healthy as he looks.

Last night I watched a Walmart commercial with Destiny's Child sitting around on Christmas morning opening presents. ITS THE DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN FOLKS. I thought it was bad enough that the local Home Depot had Christmas trees and lights up for sale on Columbus Day, that's the middle of October for you back of packers. But now it going to be seven flippin weeks of buy-my-crap. I love Christmas. Love it. Its become way to commercialized.

Today is a bike day. Goal is 25 miles. Not that thats a hard goal but the goal is to get it in after a meeting and still overwhelmed with closing out last month.

PS. On new rims. HaHa Flatman. It's actually for a good cause, the upgrade in 'Shiny Things', but I can't say why today.

5 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Hmmm, I'd be arguing with Mistress too! If he wants to release some "kid", take him to a quiet park and let him run around by himself without germy disease-ridden kids around (against medical advice, no less)! At least that's what I do with our girls, and probably will until they're bigger - close to 3. Glad we got our flu shots done now!

Comm's said...

Mighty Mo has already recieved a flu and pnuemonia shot in the last three weeks.

mipper said...

Poor Mo. i hope he feels better and doesn't take a downward turn.

and no joke about the Christmas stuff! i was stunned to see Christmas candy lined up right next to the Halloween clearance candy yesterday. PEOPLE!

Nancy Toby said...

I mean, the pneumonia shot. Duh.

Nancy Toby said...

We didn't get pneumonia! We got it before. Don't know how long it lasts, though....

Get better soon, Mo!!!