Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Soma half Ironman- the Bike

John out of the saddle on the graded hill of the Soma half ironman course.

The Good Doctor screaming through a tight turn.

Hardcore Mike. This was taken a split second before the accident. The woman in frame cut to her right and cut him off. This was the last shot on my last roll of film. I wish to God I had one more frame to shoot because I know I watched the accident through my lens and tried to activate the shutter. BTW, I went to the store and bought more film and medical stuff for Mike and was able to shoot the rest of the race, if your wondering how I got the finish line stuff.
Tai passing people on the graded hill of the Soma half ironman course.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

those action shot look nice. Did u took it with a film camera or a SLR?

PuddyRat said...

Bummer about your buddy. Doesn't he know you pass on the left? Hope his little crash didn't mess up what look to be some pretty awesome tattoes.

Comm's said...

cliff, see personal e-mail. For the rest of you interested, I used a Nikon N80 35mm with telephoto lens.

Puddyrat, its a downhill, tight left turn. I think ettiquete is to stay your line through the turn. The picture dosen't do justice to the cut right she made infront of him. Yes the tats are impressive.