Tuesday, November 8, 2005

A Prodigal Son Returns

Several months ago a fiery blogger came from the Great White North, landing in Boulder, Colorado to stake his claim against the Captains of Industry. He ranted and he raved about his passion for triathlon, cycling and business. His champion was Lance Armstrong and as the tour loomed closer low be the blogger that dared say Lance was not the greatest cyclist, nay athlete, in the world. Bolder regailed us with his new cycling routes and his tribulations with the local marmots.

Then he was gone.

For those that responded to his last sudden post, it was a sad day. Troubling news and an uncertain future awaited a man that had just moved thousands of miles from comfort and certainty. Bolder at the time was a bright star that blazed at the begining of the Alliance and was the first blogger to leave it.

We had e-mailed several time, each trying to figure out this blogspot html suff. I have never met this man, but I missed his presence on my blog.

Bolders back.

His website, I must say shocked me a bit. Haunted maybe. Maybe because I know why he left. Maybe because I don't know what to expect now. His picture is no longer that of crazy man in sunglasses glaring into the camera. Its a sharp dressed man, with wisdom on his face. A man who has much to tell, though may never share it.

Bolder welcome back.

4 comments:

tri-mama said...

Thanks for the heads up- I've missed him these past months.

Flatman said...

Awesome.

Wil said...

I really have missed him and am glad he's back. Few people have a way of marking others like he did, and I have no doubt will continue to do.

This is a really nice welcome back post for him, Com, very thoughtful and and compassionate of you to take the time.

Bolder said...

Thanks Comm for the heart felt welcome back...

Take care, Bold.