Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Calling all comers...

Ironman is only one day, seventeen hours to be precise, less if your lucky.

But for those of us that are part of the blogesphere and specifically the Tri-Blog Alliance, the party is just getting started for Ironman Arizona just shy of two weeks away. So I want to make sure as sort of the Blog Ambassador for Phoenix that I get an accurate head count of people racing or spectating.

Duane will be coming in to watch the race. He is staying at Andy's who is throwing a ribald baccus on the Friday before the Sunday race. Last time I saw Duane he was the Most Inspirational person on the course during Soma last October.

TBC and Megan. TBC is coming to watch Megan's first IM and show her all the places he got fired from and bars he got kicked out of. I've never met Megan but she deals with Cheese so shes got a high tolerance for pain and poo jokes. TBC and I are pretty frequent acquaintances, the last we saw each other was earlier this year, he was trying to get me drunk at an airport. He did a fairly good job too, except I still wouldn't go into the bathroom with him, "to hold his bag."

I must profess that my three closest blogging buddy's will all be in town. IronBenny, Nytro and Bolder. No offense to anyone else but I have spent hours hanging out with, racing with and on the phone with these three people and we all live in different states. I can absolutely say that each of them has profoundly affected my personal life in a positive way, more so than I have ever alluded to on CMS. The way in which we all hope to have relationships with people we have met through the blogs and comment sections. Bolder in particular is coming to support me but get away from the snow, and Nytro is coming to eat my chocolate, drink my booze and report from the field. Benny is racing and if Mighty Mo has anything to do with it, playing dinosaurs.

Stronger. I have poured so much of my spiritual thought into her and her family over the last couple years. Meeting her for the first time last Fall, it made me tear up a bit. Yeah I can be emotional like that. I wished I could have spent more time with her then and now but our kids will be able to play together and that couldn't make me happier.

Anyone that I have missed, and I know there are, please let me know. I am sure there is a bunch of New Mexico Outlaws coming to town and of course a dozen AZTRICLUB members who are racing at Ironman. I have been quite myopic lately and would like to find a way to meet everyone I can. I feel really bad that year I was so sick I never got to met Wendy Buckner and only fleetingly saw Brent who is just the nicest guy.

13 comments:

Phil said...

I'll be "spectating" on ironmanlive.com

21stCenturyMom said...

Now THAT is a party I'll be very sad to miss. I can't imagine you get Stronger without a dose of Momo - 2 of my personal faves.

Fumo Santo said...

I'll be "racing" my first IM race, however I use the term racing loosely, for the only thing I'll be racing is the clock, as I intend to use all 17 hours!! :)

BTW, bib numbers are up.

Bolder said...

wingman for my brothah from anothah.

exactly where i want to be...

Fe-lady said...

Ain't it great to have extended family?

Duane said...

I am so looking forward to watching you race and hanging with the bloggers! Yes!

Wendy said...

We met in spirit, Comm's!

I'm glad so many bloggy peeps will be there this year!

M said...

Absolutely cannot wait. It cannot get here soon enough.

Brent Buckner said...

Quite a celebration!

It was great to see you last year in transition before the event and out on the bike course. Thanks for the shout-out.

The finisher's medal WILL BE YOURS!

Tri-Angle said...

"...ribald baccus..."

Sounds Dirty Comm
I like it.

I looked it up...cuz I'm not that sharp. It IS dirty

Woo Hoo!

Nytro said...

dude, we are SO excited to see you next week. rumor in blogland is that i may even don on some running shoes and travel with you and benny as necessary at hour 12-17ish.


that's the rumor i'm starting anyway.

i also think that we should set up a dinosaur aid station and not tell benny until he comes around the corner.

good luck and we'll see you soon!

momo said...

i'll be there!!!! :-) and i will be cheering LOUDLY!

you'll recognize me by the pink, just in case you were worried.

Mommymeepa said...

Wish I could be there. I'll try to watch it and I'm having my Sunday School class pray for you all.

You're going to rock it.

Melissa