Monday, April 14, 2008

The last Ironman for Commodore

Good morning all. I hope every one that did the AZ Ironman is in decent shape and that you hit your finish goals. This was Commodores last Ironman as I put it to him last night in the ER if he wishes to continue to come home he will do sprints only. Love the man dearly but enough is enough he does not have a distance stamina. He is also a stubborn ass and I had to literally drag him in to the ER with our son at midnight. He was in pretty rough shape as he continued vomiting non stop until about 1:15 am. He tried all of his rx's for nausea and vomiting but no luck. By the time I said enough get your ass in the car he agreed, but the past 6 hours had taken their toll he will be in the Banner Baywood Medical Center in Mesa for at Least another 24 hours. He pushed this one too far refusing to go in. He is getting kidney and liver tests and some cat scans for the abdominal pain and to double check that precarious noggin of his. Have no fears he will be fine but he will be tied down to the hospital bed for days not hours. If I have to actually tie him down I will! Because he has had sever dehydration several other times (why he does not learn from the past not even a spouse will ever know) He has some odd blood tests. Nothing to panic about but needs double checking. He does have his cell phone with him but not up to answering calls yet. If you have his cell number feel free to text, I will retrieve his cell later this morning and return calls to any one wishing more info on him. His test result will not be in until noon but I will go see him after I stop in at work. One of us must show up to work thats the draw back of working for the same company somebody has to go in to work. Thanks every one and I hope all of your other Ironmen are doing great this morning.
Mistress.

22 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for taking good care of him! Sounds like a combination of heat stroke and hyponatremia (diagnosing from a distance). Can't be too careful with this - it's dangerous and definitely not something to take lightly.

Clyde S. Dale said...

When I saw that Comm did not finish the bike I was worried about him. I told my wife that he will push past the point where most people would give up. Be sure to tie those knots extra tight!
Take Care

Bolder said...

thank Mistress for the update.

i was hoping you would take him to ER.

will text him at a reasonable hour.

Nancy Toby said...

Be careful about that abdominal pain, too! Permanent intestinal damage (requiring surgery) can be a result of severe dehydration - so I hope it's not that. Please keep us posted with any reports.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

good lord - I hope you recover quickly!


...so that Mistress can beat the crap out of you again. (at least, that's probably what I'd do to my husband)

ShirleyPerly said...

OMG, glad you were able to get him to ER. He sounds as stubborn as my husband. Comms, I hope you're better soon!!!

Mommymeepa said...

Comm, I will be praying for you. I'm so glad you finally let the Mistress get you to the ER. Hang in there. We are all proud of you and pulling for you.

Mistress, you will be in my prayers. I only met Comm a couple months ago when Benny talked about him in his blog. I feel like I've known him for years. He has been so encouraging to me in my journey to health and I appreciate him, so the least I can do is lift you all up in prayer. Please keep us posted.

Melissa

bunnygirl said...

Thanks for the update, Mistress! I hope he makes a quick and full recovery!

Sandie Law said...

Thanks for updating us...I'll keep all of you in my thoughts. Let us know when he comes home.

21stCenturyMom said...

Three cheers for Mrs. Comm! Tie an extra knot for me.

He gave it his all and then some and that's all anyone can do but at this point I have to agree- IM is not the right thing for him. The right thing is to manage his health for his family.

Feel Better Soon, Commodore! We're all thinking about you.

The Big Cheese said...

Thanks, Mistress.
Get better Comm. We all lean on you so much, take a few and lean on someone else for a while.

M said...

hey comm - just thinking about you and praying for your recovery. thought a lot about yesterday when i saw you on the bike - take care, and let others take care for you.

Spokane Al said...

Comm, I am happy to hear that you have a good, tough wife. It also sounds like she has a few more working brain cells than you as well.

Get better soon!

Lana said...

Oh my. I am praying for you, Comm. Take care of yourself, man.

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Hang Tough Bro.

Nytro said...

Comm... we love you. Take care of yourself. Listen to your wife.

Mistress... we love you, too. If you need a rope to tie him down, I'll be glad to send you one from the farm. We use that on stubborn mules from time-to-time.

love,
nytro

jeanne said...

sending good thoughts and prayers.

Bullet said...

Comm, I don't know you, but you've always been so great in your replies and posts. Best of luck in recovery and you are in my prayers.

Wendy said...

Mistress: Thinking of you all, and so glad you were able to convince Comm's that the hospital was the place to be (I know how he dislikes them).

Comm's: Recover fast!

Comm's said...

Thanks every one for the responses. I am sure it will help getting Comm going again or at least give him some thing better to do in the hospital than listen to his room mate roll over. He is doing better,he looks much better but good God any thing would look better than yesterday. Thanks for your words and keep us posted on how every one else did. I noticed he is blogging from his blackberry so feel free to comment back to him and keep him going he is already bored stiff.
Thanks Mistress

monica said...

first time posting here. i had the pleasure to meet bolder and momo the day before on a ride in scottsdale and was looking forward to hopefully meeting you and cheering you on as well. after i caught everyone i knew outta the water, i had to skip out and get a 15 mile run in myself. all the while as i ran, as the hot asphalt came up through my shoes, all i kept thinking was "i can't believe they're out there doing ironman today!!" really, nobody could even imagine, unless they were in tempe that day, just how brutal it was for you all. you stuck it out as long as you could and i'm sure then some and then some. and from what great things greg had to share about you, i still hope i get to meet you in person some day, even if it isn't an ironman race.

godspeed, my friend!!!

Flatman said...

Get better buddy. You have the best nurse taking care of you...now listen to her. Let me know if you need anything, guys..