Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Online Spectating

Thanks for coming by to get updates on my race. You can track my progress HERE. My race number is 854. If you can't find an easy reference on the main page, look to the top right corner of the screen and click IRONMANLIVE and then 'Live Athlete Tracking'. Sometimes, well quite often, there is some glitch in the tracking system, so be patient if you run into problems.

For those of you new to tracking an Ironman, the race starts at 7:00 PCT. My race page will have a list of split times to track me along the course and be filled in as I cross them. Of course these times are tentative and situationally dependent but these are what I am projecting for pace:
  • I should be out of the water between 1.5- 1.75 hours (finish around 8:30am to 8:45am).
  • On the bike for 6 to 6.5 hours (finish around 2:30 to 3:00pm)
  • Running for 5 hours (cross finish line around 8pm)
I'd like to finish under 13 hours total but a lot can happen out there.

What is also fun is reading the updates which come in about every five minutes and watching the live video feeds. It mostly follows the pro's but gives tremendous insight to the weather and the course which will be a breezy and hot 95 degrees. COPY/PASTE/PRINT these lists of names and tape to your monitor for quick reference throughout the day.

Just for fun here are some profession names to look for:

Stijn (Stein) Demeulemeester, staying with a friend, holds fastest bike time on course
Rutger Beke, last years winner staying with a friend
Hillary Biscay, pro and hottie
Heather Gollnick, last years winner and tremendous roll model on /off the course
Michellie Jones, #1 ranked womans triathlete in the world.

I will have pals out there too. You can also track:

Andy Cope, bib# 619
Mike Dalgreen, bib# 690
ME, bib# 854
Todd Delabio, bib# 855
Jeff Banas, bib# 1031
Ben Nadolski, bib #441
Ken Hosch, bib #1276
Robin Wooten, bib# 2266


Have Fun.

8 comments:

Jenny Davidson said...

Have a great race - you know you will have a lot of people rooting for you online as well as on the ground!

J~Mom said...

I will be tracking and cheering you all on!! Have a great race!!!

Wendy said...

Comm's: Virtual cowbell coming at you from OZ. (Particularly after 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. your time. That seems to be when I get up.)

21stCenturyMom said...

I think you forgot one of your friends. His name is IronBenny!

I will be checking on you! I have a little 4 mile race in the AM so you will be miles and miles into your journey by the time I check on you.

HAVE FUN!

Clyde S. Dale said...

Good Luck Comm!! No matter the outcome your a winner.

Lana said...

I'll be tracking you, Comm. Can't wait. You are what the spirit of Ironman is all about!

Jen_runs said...

Good luck!

I won't be near a computer this weekend so I won't be able to track your progress but you will be in my thoughts!

kodiacbear said...

I'm ready, Comms! Go get em!!